Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shadow Complex

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Sub

Actually, I found an interesting video on speedrunning the game there. You need to be over level 30 and have all gold bars, but its pretty sweet. No real spoilers in the video just shows the first few minutes of the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixU4z-me-o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sub wrote: »
    Actually, I found an interesting video on speedrunning the game there. You need to be over level 30 and have all gold bars, but its pretty sweet.

Do the gold bars actually do anything then? I just assumed they were in there to bump the number of collectibles up to 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Sub wrote: »
    Actually, I found an interesting video on speedrunning the game there. You need to be over level 30 and have all gold bars, but its pretty sweet. No real spoilers in the video just shows the first few minutes of the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HixU4z-me-o

Excellent, think I'll go for that challenge now. Level 51 and have the gold bars so should be easy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

tman wrote: »
    Do the gold bars actually do anything then? I just assumed they were in there to bump the number of collectibles up to 100
    They open the gold room, which allows you to pick up a gold pulse rifle right at the start of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

nearing the end of the game now i reckon and i haven't bothered searching for every last item. If i complete the game and restart do i start from scratch or are the items i've found already kept?

if not is there a point when i can turn back before i get sucked into the ending?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I got this game and just as I went to play it... red ****ing rings. :(****ing red ****ing rings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

quarryman wrote: »
    nearing the end of the game now i reckon and i haven't bothered searching for every last item. If i complete the game and restart do i start from scratch or are the items i've found already kept?

if not is there a point when i can turn back before i get sucked into the ending?

Not sure about the first question, but for the second one it triggers the final boss battle
    when you walk on to the jetty at either end of the lake
    Great game, currently have 85% items and am having great fun trying to figure out how to pick up the last few...
    don't want to give to much away here, but I loved figuring out how to get the ones based around a lift

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Loving this game - turned it on for a few minutes last night which quickly became much closer to three hours. Comparisons to Metroid / Castlevania are definitely necessary, and while it steals wholesale sometimes (dots on the maps for found items?) it also has its own identity through the crazy weapons and items (love how the game becomes faster and faster paced as you unlock more items
    such as the ground pound armour, or running up walls with hyperspeed
    ). At around 55% items at the moment but will definitely be playing 'til 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Finished this last night. Managed it in a lightening 7 hours.

Beat THAT losers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can't stop playing this game. I have Batman (and I'm a good bit into it), but the last 2 nights have been all Shadow Complex. Got 100% last night (very satisfying), and going for Minimalist next.

Some very tricky pickups (
    the floor with the lasers needed infinite foam to be able to do easily, some of the ones where you needed the speed powerup were very clever, and the powerup beside the first boss you fight (behind the grenade table through the floor) took me ages to find)
    ) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

it is the best game ever very flash back like

but very cool game, I hope they release the real game on disc in the shops like

The real game?! :)

I know it just on x box live. but if it gets really popular hopefully they will bring it out in the shops make it a disc game and not just have it on x box live,

it deserves that what a game it looks amazing mate.

jumps out at yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

cable842 wrote: »
    I know it just on x box live. but if it gets really popular hopefully they will bring it out in the shops make it a disc game and not just have it on x box live,

it deserves that what a game it looks amazing mate.

jumps out at yea
    It would probably be way more expensive though, which goes against one of my biggest praises for Shadow Complex - so many games are being released for far too much, it seemed like 1600 points was becoming the new standard. Shadow Complex overturns that, as it's such a huge well polished game for 1200 points, it's great value. Shadow Complex has had great sales as well, so hopefully other publishers will take note and release their games for less on XBLA.

I agree with you though, if they released it on disc more people could play a fantastic game. I would have thought though that most of the people who would be interested in a game like Shadow Complex would be connected to Xbox Live as they'd be core gamers.

cheers gothpunk for backing me up. would love it was brought out on disc to buy.

the game reminds me of flashback but way faster cool game but mad playable.

I dont have x box live so its killing me i can't play it.

please please bring it out on disc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

When you say you don't have Xbox Live, do you mean that you don't have an internet connection hooked up to the console or that you don't have a Gold account?

I only ask as I have the Silver account which is free and got the game no problem once I sorted out buying the points.

Yeah, even if you don't have a wireless connection, just plug a network cable from your router to your xbox and get online that way. You just need a silver membership (which is free) to download games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah, even if you don't have a wireless connection, just plug a network cable from your router to your xbox and get online that way. You just need a silver membership (which is free) to download games.
    What I do is I connect my Xbox to my laptop with a network cable and use the laptop as a wireless bridge to download stuff. Works like a charm.

Advertisement