Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got Arts

• 17-08-2009 8:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

I dunno if many remember me, but when im online I had about in the Nooth forum. Anyways!

Didn't get my first choice, but quite happy :)

Best, cheap accomidation?

I've read the other threads, but It kinda doesn't help.
    What kinda prices are we speaking and what would one recommend for a 1st year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

Got arts too but commuting so i haven't a clue about accomodation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Got arts too but commuting so i haven't a clue about accomodation

Couple of threads below with house information, check them out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Same, got my course and got my accom sorted.
    You should contact the college and get the housing list, they have a set rate of €86 a week with all bills included, anywhere else and your looking at over €90 a week fro places on Daft.ie. Although the college list of places are owner occupied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Commuting is death.

Edit: Forgot to say congrats. Congrats! Points were 450 in my day, you lucky so-and-so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Ah it's not that bad. All depends on where you're coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Revised: Commuting from Drumcondra is death. Tinkers having a piss standing up with their jocks down on the train platform; rocks coming through the window in Broombridge; tinkers getting on WITH HORSES in Broombridge; the constant fires in Broombridge station; that same goddamn announcement everytime the trains stops; the far-too-loud beep of the doors; the trains randomly not turning up, leaving you standing on this platform for another hour; I could go on for days.
    IrishRail wrote:
    ''And....Maynooth. Maigh Nuad.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 keithconnolly

banquo wrote: »
    Revised: Commuting from Drumcondra is death. Tinkers having a piss standing up with their jocks down on the train platform; rocks coming through the window in Broombridge; tinkers getting on WITH HORSES in Broombridge; the constant fires in Broombridge station; that same goddamn announcement everytime the trains stops; the far-too-loud beep of the doors; the trains randomly not turning up, leaving you standing on this platform for another hour; I could go on for days.

Sounds fun can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Saysha

Try googling a couple of property websites... alot of them have info on renting or house sharing at reasonable prices!!

Congrats on getting arts!!Be seeing ya there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Points were 450 in my day, you lucky so-and-so :D
    Still would have got in ;)

Arts, can't wait. The draw for campus accomm was tonight. I'm not a religious man but I'll be thinking of Mary Magdelen tonight!

Edit: Got campus accomm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

Jaysus when were the points as high as 450?!
    Just finished Arts and IIRC the points were only around 340 when I started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Mad...

Highest they were was 395 in my day, back in 2001. I dont think they have been as high since. At the time, UCC and UCD were in the 400's.

I remember hearing about it on the wireless.

Haha! I'm commuting from Broombridge :o. It's a kip but it's the kip that's closest to where I live and there's no ticket machine so free travel :cool:. As someone else said-I would've got it anyway :p and for the record I'm moving to Maynooth and far away from Broombridge when I raise the funds :)

As someone else said-I would've got it anyway :p

I had 150 points to spare for arts when I accepted- almost felt like a waste at the time, but it makes no odds what the points are in relation to what the course is like- supply and demand and all that!
    Good luck to all the newbies, and especially the commuters. I've been commuting by 4 trains up and back gach lá for the past 3 years, and yet still chose to come back to NUIM for my masters- says a lot about how attached ye will become to the place! :D

Harpie wrote: »
    I had 150 points to spare for arts when I accepted- almost felt like a waste at the time, but it makes no odds what the points are in relation to what the course is like- supply and demand and all that!
    Good luck to all the newbies, and especially the commuters. I've been commuting by 4 trains up and back gach lá for the past 3 years, and yet still chose to come back to NUIM for my masters- says a lot about how attached ye will become to the place! :D

Thanks for the encouragement.. I was a bit sick when I saw points in TCD dropped for English but then I reminded myself of the many reasons why Trinity hadn't been my 1st choice :rolleyes:

4trains? That's crazy! Fair play :)

Aww man.. so weird to be a newbie again!

Thanks for the encouragement.. I was a bit sick when I saw points in TCD dropped for English but then I reminded myself of the many reasons why Trinity hadn't been my 1st choice :rolleyes:

4trains? That's crazy! Fair play :)

Aww man.. so weird to be a newbie again!

At the time I found myself thinking about the other courses I could have done, based purely on points. The important thing is knowing that you are doing the course you wanted and worked for. The train isn't too bad, 2 up and 2 back, always a nap to be had! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭AfterDusk

I got Arts too, but I applied through TAP/HEAR (Higher Education Access Route) as well. So now I have to go to a 4 day (residential) orientation programme which ends at 4 o clock on the date of me Debs!!! :eek: So no prep i the days leading up to it and then I have to rush to get there.. how sad :confused:

But overall happy enough to be doing the course and all that =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

so wait campus accom isn't there anymore? ****!

Advertisement