Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed: Which broadband supplier should I get?

Options
  • 17-08-2009 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

So I have moved into a new apartment in dublin 2. Need to get broadband in. Don't have a clue who to get it from! Any suggestions? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Parkowen

I was a customer of UTV for last 8 years and have always found them very good.

However we decided to go back to Eircom a few months ago and UTV firstly only allowed the lines and calls to revert to Eircom but would not release the broadband as we had not given them 30 days notice.

Eircom ballsed up the transfer then and forgot about me - and I ended up without internet for a few days which was not meant to happen.

I now got my final bill from UTV which shows a cancellation fee of €29.99 which is the minimum they charge no matter how long you have been with them.

This is not highlighted in the terms and conditions and if you change tariffs as prices change you enter a new 12 month contract based on the terms and conditions at the time of signing up for the new contract.

Be careful - they will try and make money off you every way possible.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

UPC, also in a apartment in Dublin 2 and it is good value, UTV, eircom, BT etc all require a phone line, so line rental required and will be more expensive, more than likely your appt block will have cable ready in and UPC don't have a line rental charge,

Hope this helps

Nick

Advertisement