Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with pigeon??

Options
  • 17-08-2009 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Unusual one for ye.
    Came home 3 days ago and discovered a pigeon (im guessing its a pigeon anyway...usual size, mainkly grey with a small patch of brown on breast),

anyway the pigeon was walking slowly around the garden. It's now been here for three days. Just mooching around very slowly. I can walk right up to it, and it just walks slowly away, doesnt get startled.

I've left out bread and water for it, not sure if its eating, cos there's a lot of regular birdie visitors (I've a big wild garden, they love it!!

Yesterday it wandered into the house and stood in a corner. It flapped a little when I picked it up and brought it outside, but not what I'd expect... you know the way a bird would go bananas if you tried picking it up.

Anyway, question is , what do you do with it. Not sure if it's injured or just ready to kick the bucket.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

does it have a ring on its feet ? if yes then its a homing pigeon and has a home which details are on the ring....if no, its probably just your garden variety wild pigeon which would be nice with cranberry and stuffing (if yer into that);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

no ring. Seems very content wandering around, but my pup is beginning to get annoyed that it cant run wild around the garden!!

Advertisement