Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Ardkeen switching to border prices

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Does anyone know what time the store reopens? Badly need to restock my cupboards after holidays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the store reopens? Badly need to restock my cupboards after holidays!

9am I think the poster said, when I was there Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes 9 am, It can't come soon enough...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

ziedth wrote: »
    To me it just doesn't add up to me. Taking into account the exchange rate alone and we'll ignore all other factors they will be loosing the bones of €15 per €100 spent. Now you multiply that to daily sales nationwide there is noway they are going to piss away a few million a week just to match the prices with the north.

There is something more too this IMHO.
    Na she is full of sh1t, dont mind them thick wans, there is a reason why they work in supermarkets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I can't believe the other shopping centres in Waterford didn't launch a big campaign over the last two days to try and win some customers loyalty. Seems like a missed opportunity for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Na she is full of sh1t, dont mind them thick wans, there is a reason why they work in supermarkets

Thats a bit rude to the many people all over the place that work in Supermarkets and other retail outlets dont you think:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Tesco Ardkeen is jammers today, carpark is pretty full. It's like christmas again!!!

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Thats a bit rude to the many people all over the place that work in Supermarkets and other retail outlets dont you think:rolleyes:
    What she said was clearly wrong, I have no problem with anyone that works in a supermarket, as long as they don't blatantly spout sh1te, which seems to happen a lot in Tesco from my experiences

I work in a supermarket and we have many, many names for people like you!

I do admire your belief that you can look down others even though you seem to have servere difficulty with written English.

I'm assume this ability is not required in your chosen career.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes this is definitely costing Tesco a lot, but something had to be done to persuade customers to stop doing the weekly shop in the north. If I lived an hour for the border I probably would have done it.

So the other option is to only have the lower prices in stores within an hour of the border.

That would be a disaster.

It has made Superquinn, Dunnes etc lower their prices so that can't be a bad thing.

I'm just glad it's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

In there today, have to say didn't see much difference in the prices of stuff.Guaranteed didn't look at every thing but from what I saw don't think that there is any substantial difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I bet those 'thick wans' can spell correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ok, is there a particular reason you quoted me there?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Revvy

First thing I noticed, was the 6 pack of tesco own brand bottled water which was €1.65 had gone up by about 10%.....€1.80

Also checked two other items which I buy every week.......they were the same price.

Have my doubts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Tesco Wexford cheese 200g is now €3.09. I'm sure it used to be under €3, pre border prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I was in there yesterday and noticed price reductions on quite a few of the things I regularly buy.

Biggest difference I noticed was Danone Activia 8 pack down from €4.99 to €2.50! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think a lot of people felt while price reductions were done, others went up. Smart move actually. Not every price, afaik, was reduced - it was just what they considered the more popular items people were buying.

The new prices have an organge price tag and will often come with an obvious label on the shelf "Price Reudction" or "Irish Product" (or similar) showing the changes. They are trying to push the Irish product thing clearly.

I displayed 500 price labels in Health and beauty and all of them were lower, some 40% lower, some were lower but didn't even say so on the label.

I didn't display any price increases because I don't usually do that, but I can't recall anything I usually buy increasing, but as I always get home shopping I could check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Jebus lads it aint rocket science.
    I've had a good look around and as far as I can see, the Irish products, ie milk, bread, cheese and the rest have stayed the same price while an awful lot of other products have been reduced in price, and in alot of cases significantly reduced in fairness.

I saw a good few products reduced by as much as 33% and this isn't just random stuff,this would include what i'd be buying on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Wilde_37

A few months ago I bought Hardy's Rose sparkling wine for €9.95 in several of the tesco stores around the country. It had been that price for a long time.

A few days before the "reprice" the cost of a bottle was up at €16.95. I was hoping it would come back down to the earlier price. However when i went into the store it had risen again to €19.99 this time!

Guess it's true that Tesco never lose money in the long run!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

With a jump like that, and a price like that, it must have been some offer. Wine is a tricky one, with so many wine lovers aware how much a bottle should taste etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea well, the Ardkeen branch have stopped selling cans of Becks beer which means I have to walk further for my Friday night tinnys and I'm not a happy camper over that little blow to my inner peace and sense of well being :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I was in Tesco Poleberry today - massive change in there - they seemed to have made it slightly smaller - but it's nicely stocked up - although it will take time to get used to as every aisle is in a different place.

Wilde_37 wrote: »
    A few months ago I bought Hardy's Rose sparkling wine for €9.95 in several of the tesco stores around the country. It had been that price for a long time.

A few days before the "reprice" the cost of a bottle was up at €16.95. I was hoping it would come back down to the earlier price. However when i went into the store it had risen again to €19.99 this time!

Guess it's true that Tesco never lose money in the long run!

Hardy's is always on offer give it a while and it will be half price again. I remember a lady buying hundreds of bottles last year for a wedding and what she didn't get in one offer she just waited until it was on offer again. The Rose usually goes to 9.95 and the red and white to 7.95 each

Haha seems its not only Waterford that has the thick wans

See post 8 of this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055686088

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Hardy's is always on offer give it a while and it will be half price again. I remember a lady buying hundreds of bottles last year for a wedding and what she didn't get in one offer she just waited until it was on offer again. The Rose usually goes to 9.95 and the red and white to 7.95 each
    I got absolutely stung on Brahma a few weeks back. It was 9.99 or something for 12 bottles on one day then came in at over €25 a few days later... when I went in to buy 5 creates. What a shock to the system that was!

Advertisement