Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate SIM

• 17-08-2009 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a 3G simcard in my phone with 1gb data allowance.

I have a sim card slot in my laptop for mobile broadband. I could take the sim out of my phone and use it in my laptop, but then i'd obviously have no phone when using mobile bb.

I could sign up for mobile broadband but I'm trying to avoid this as I already have a 1gb data allowance and don't come anywhere near that usage every month.

So, it is possible to duplicate my sim so i could use the duplicate sim in my laptop and use my existing 1gb allowance?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

OP no it's not possible i'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Dont most phones allow you to use them as a modem for a pc/laptop these days? You could probably hook it up via bluetooth or a usb cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

JohnK wrote: »
    Dont most phones allow you to use them as a modem for a pc/laptop these days? You could probably hook it up via bluetooth or a usb cable.

Yeah do as he says, USB would be the best option probably.

Advertisement