Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does landlord pay or do I?

Options
  • 17-08-2009 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Im in rented accomodation at the mo & have just discovered a wasps nest on the roof of the house. They're all over the front garden. Yuk!
    Is this something I need to get onto the landlord about or are we meant to sort it ourselves??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Def the landlord, this is pest control, and it is not due to anything you did.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

great will get onto them today with the good news. Thanks. Absolutely terrified of the bloody things!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Lighter and a can of Lynx will take care of that easily. :D

Why bother hasseling the LL and waiting for pest control to turn up for something that pretty simple to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭tesslab

Well LL works across the road from house. Can only imagine his horror to see me up on the roof with a flame thrower!!! :D
    Think Ill go the old fashioned root & go crying to pest control!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Lighter and a can of Lynx will take care of that easily. :D
    You then have hundreds of on fire wasps flying around. Not good.

While this may have been said in a joking fashion, please don't say stuff like this folks. There are idiots out there that will try it and burn down the house / set them selves on fire / get badly stung.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

One thing to be sure of is whether it's a wasps nest or a bee hive. As far as I recall bees are a protected species so a landlord/tenant will be legally required to get someone to move them. If they're wasps then they can just be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

tesslab wrote: »
    Well LL works across the road from house. Can only imagine his horror to see me up on the roof with a flame thrower!!! :D
    Think Ill go the old fashioned root & go crying to pest control!!! :p

At least the LL is near enough to see the problem for himself without hassling him. Definitely him to pay pest control though.

Advertisement