Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Botox

• 17-08-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I'm new to posting here, so maybe this has been done to death, but anyhoo

I got the botox done and its fab.

I didn't get it to look younger (only 34) I got it cos I have two bad habits:

A habit of raising my eyebrows up every time I talk, I thought it looked ridiculous.

Permanent frowning. I've really bad eyesight (cant be fixed by glasses or surgery) so I have to squint to see anything close up. I also am forever deep in thought, and have a tendency to frown when I do this.

These two habits had given me a really wrinkly brow area. Since the botox it is now as smooth as a baby's, and this was only a week ago.

I can still move the area, it is not 'frozen', it just takes more effort.

For ages I was 'will I, wont I' but I am glad I did it. If you are thinking of getting it done, I would recommend it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi Jenni,

how much was it and where did you get i done?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

I got it done in the laser and skincare clinic in Mullingar. It cost me €295, the price depends on how many areas you get done. I got one area, two areas cost (I think) €430 and 3 areas is €595.

The doctor that gave me the injections was very good, he left no marks at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

jenniwenni wrote: »
    I got it done in the laser and skincare clinic in Mullingar. It cost me €295, the price depends on how many areas you get done. I got one area, two areas cost (I think) €430 and 3 areas is €595.

The doctor that gave me the injections was very good, he left no marks at all.

How long should it last before you need a top up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

I got this done on my frown lines about 2 years ago (I was 30!) Lasted about 4/5 months and i was kinda wrinkle free for the following year...HOWEVER, I just looked plain weird when I smiled in photos. Glad I experienced it but wouldnt do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

kizzyr wrote: »
    How long should it last before you need a top up?

The doc said it should last anything from 3-6 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I'm very tempted to get it done on my crows feet, but I'm worried about starting it so young (i'm only 30). Don't think i'd ever get it done on my brow, would be scared of getting the 'Bree from Desperate Houswives' look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I'm not a fan of it myself tbh, I think it can give some people a strange waxwork look. Hopefully I won't get too wrinkly in the forehead area, my brow doesn't really furrow when I frown. I reckon I'll have crows' feet though, my eyes crease when I smile :)

Advertisement