Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun day out for 8 & 6 year olds???

Options
  • 15-08-2009 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm planning to take my nieces, age 8 and 6, on a fun day out....... Any suggestions?? I'm in the south east, but willing to travel :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cassiopeia1

I have two kiddies of the same age and they just love Tramore. Yes it is tacky, but God! they love it. However money just disintegrates from your pockets, at E2.50, per ride.They will have a great time.The beach is right beside you and there are also indoor play centres. My little ones loved 'Pirate Adventure' land, where they placed indoor golf,bowling and went on the little motor bikes.Load of money but great time had. If they get bored(unlikely!!) there is a riding centre nearby. Nothing like a bit of pony trecking!
    We live in Cork, so if you are willing to travel, the outdoor adventure centre at Oysterhaven,near Kinsale is a great day out if the girls are into canoeing/kayaking and loads of equestrian centres.
    www.fundays.ie give good tips on what to do with kiddies on a day trip.
    They will be just so thrilled to spend time with you anyway, they won't mind what you do.
    What lovely memories you will all have. Well done Auntie!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sarahw7 wrote: »
    I'm planning to take my nieces, age 8 and 6, on a fun day out....... Any suggestions?? I'm in the south east, but willing to travel :)

if you're in the south east then i recommend kia ora farm near gorey. my brother worked there and it's supposed to be extremely popular with kids loving it, especically if they like animals. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 sarahw7

Cassiopeia1 and RedXIV - thanks so much for your suggestions - exactly the kind of suggestions I was after. Will also have a look at that website for future ideas :) Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cassiopeia1

Hi! back again. Never thought to ask the kids what they thought:)
    Responce;Dublin zoo.But it must include a trip on the train.
    Last year we went on this trip and they loved it.
    We brought blank paper and pencils for pictures. ( None drawn but option there!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭tara666

u could bring them to claralaragh but because of their ages u would need to get in with them when they are in the water..its 10 euro in and the kids will need a gold band which is 9 euro ..it lets them on everything
    my children love going there ....bring a picnic with u :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement