Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis problems

Options
  • 17-08-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

What the hell is the story with this game, the glitches are a joke. I'm stuck on the exodus level as there is an enemy way too high up in the sky to kill, and I don't think it could be destroyed anyway as it has glitched. It happend to me on a previous level where a helicopter just flew straight up and never came down. I was able to restart a few saves back and things were ok. However with the current problem even if I restart on the previous level the minute I enter exodus I can see this enemy flying around way up, impossible to kill.

So I thought I'd try patching it and downloaded patch 1.2. And I a message like this when I tried to install it "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the windows installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch." That's the first time I have not been able to install a patch to a game. Crytek are a joke of company to release software in this condition. It's no good that the game looks brilliant when you can't play cos of the glitches.

So has anyone here experienced similar or problems (impossible to kill enemy and unable to install patch) and/or have any solutions? I have googled but nothing of note turned up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

did you install punkbuster when you did the initial game install?

afaik teh patches require it.

which level is exodus?! and ya sure you gotta kill this enemy?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

never had any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

If you are using a cracked version of the game you won't be able to update it, as the crack overwrites the original executable of the game.

I had no issues playing this game personally and never had any trouble patching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

No problems for me either - never experienced any bugs or patching problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

No problems for me either im afraid and my rig is actually not supposed to be able to run it,maybe the previous post is right and you dont need to kill it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

That's a first, as far as i know. Never heard of it. Maybe uninstall and reinstall????

Remeber to keep your save files if you are going to do that, if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rougebladez

I bought this recently but it only opens up in a smaller window tand not full screen.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I bought this recently but it only opens up in a smaller window tand not full screen.

Any help?
    Way to dig up and old thread, but it can be solved by hitting alt+enter to make it go fullscreen.

Advertisement