Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sun

Options
  • 17-08-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

I See the sun has increased its price by 10c no mention of a price increase at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's the new idiot tax

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - Moved to Rip Off Ireland

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

paconnors wrote: »
    I See the sun has increased its price by 10c no mention of a price increase at all
    That is very strange, usually when companies increase the price you will see non-stop ads on TV & radio informing people of the good news, they really missed out on a great marketing opportunity....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Perhaps the rag...sorry I mean the Sun will now do a sensationalist story on how expensive papers are? :rolleyes:

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

rubadub wrote: »
    That is very strange, usually when companies increase the price you will see non-stop ads on TV & radio informing people of the good news, they really missed out on a great marketing opportunity....

Well you clearly dont take the sunday times, they had a full page ad informing their customers of the increase and apologising to their chavs customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Shelflife wrote: »
    Well you clearly dont take the sunday times, they had a full page ad informing their customers of the increase and apologising to their chavs customers.

I wonder why they felt the need to notify Sunday Times readers that the price of the Sun was being increased? Murdoch moves in mysterious ways.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

in a week or two they'll probably go back to the old price, scream to the heavens that they've dropped the price of it (tesco's style)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

(tesco's style)
    tesco, tesco, tesco, this forum should be just renamed the "I hate tesco" forum. I expect the egyptians were doing this upping/lowering the price trick 1000's of years ago, it is nothing new, and certainly not invented by tesco.

I dunno why so many people seem to base the value of goods on what a sign tells them, you shouuld make up your own mind if it is worth buying or not, regardless of what a sign brags about. I still see loads of people blindly loading shopping trolleys full of stuff simply because a big sign tells them its a "bargain".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Why would anybody need to buy the sun when we can read about Katie and peter's emotional struggles online.

Rag paper not even fit for arse wiping.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

I curse the day the Irish Government lifted the ban on that rag being sold here. Dark day.

Paying ANY money for it should be considered a rip-off.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Why would anybody need to buy the sun when we can read about Katie and peter's emotional struggles online.
    Why would you even do that?

OP, If the price increase bothers you:

Dont buy the Sun Newspaper. Youll be glad you didnt.

Also, noone is holding a gun to our heads forcing us into the consumer temple that is Tesco. Shop somewhere else. Your local butcher/greengrocer is a good start.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Oryx wrote: »
    Also, noone is holding a gun to our heads forcing us into the consumer temple that is Tesco. Shop somewhere else. Your local butcher/greengrocer is a good start.
    But they are the cheapest option close by even though CLEARLY they are ripping me off being British and all and charging less in the north! They are trying to turn me into a peasant holding my cap in hand for the masters but I say never, never again will I be stepped on again by those British dogs.

Now if you excuse me Tesco just has an offer on some cans I need to go and buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Don't worry, they have committed to increasing average breast size as pictured on page 3 by 15% to make up for the price increase.

Advertisement