Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Blues

Options
  • 17-08-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Was in the city centre this morning at around 9.30, no traffic, very few people on the streets, Tesco in Paul Street closed (for renovations, not for recessionary reasons), the place just seemed inert. Or is it just me on a Monday morning? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I think we were all in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Cork City is definitely NOT the city that never sleeps!
    Sunday mornings are depressing around the city, all that's around are a few hobos and the smell of the night before :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tonywanda

Yeah I don't know but when your walking down the quays early on a Sunday i.e. the morning after the night before! when the the sun hits the water and there's no one else around-- Cork can be a pretty beautiful place.

If only for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i used to work in the city centre at 9am on sunday morning.. it was eerie, like 28 days later! not a sinner about the place. i love it.

There's something about town on a chilly morning that's hard to describe. it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

But even at the best of times during the boom the city centre used to be dead until about half 10 or 11. Was it just early in the morning that it was quiet or was it bad all day??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I passed through at that time - it seemed like every other day. maybe a little less traffic on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I work in the city centre and usually have to be there quite early. Some days it's actually deserted, it's amazing.

I used to work in town before. It amazed me at first how quiet it was. It was a different story at five on the way home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

number10a wrote: »
    But even at the best of times during the boom the city centre used to be dead until about half 10 or 11. Was it just early in the morning that it was quiet or was it bad all day??

Was back in at 4.30 and it was alive again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i love town in the morning you can walk down patrick street without being bashed into, shops have clothes on shelves not on flloors, and now i have a buggy i love how much easier it is to get around with no-one around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I paid a little more attention this morning and it was a bit quieter for sure. Most shops aren't opening till 09:30 now anyway, so it's not too big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Cork is a beautiful City :D day and night :)

Advertisement