Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin venue for 70th birthday party?

Options
  • 17-08-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi - I'm on the lookout for a venue (South city, preferably) for a 70th birthday party with about 100-120 guests, buffet food, and music/dancing. Obviously, an older crowd so a particular type of place would be needed - ie. nowhere rowdy or loud!

I was thinking of some of one of the smaller hotels in the area (like the Mount Herbert) as somewhere small-ish and nonfussy, but still nice.

Does anyone have any other alternative ideas or venues which might be a bit outside the box that I might be overlooking (ie. Not hotels?)

Would appreciate any ideas or advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

If you were to go out to Celbridge if its not too far

http://www.hotel-setantahouse.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭King Ian

Thanks for the suggestion - but that's definitely too far. I'm looking for somewhere South City specifically because most of the extended family are there, with many being in their 60s and 70s. I want to minimise the travelling they would have to do (to a short drive or taxi ride)

Advertisement