Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer Engineering

• 17-08-2009 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Morning all,

Just accepted an offer for C/E in UL this morning, and have a couple of questions, did a search but would like a bit more info.....

1 - Has anyone here done the course? If so, what did you think of it? What does it mainly involve?

2 - Will I have much time off?

3 - A little off topic, but I need to decide whether to stay in UL or at home. I'm living in Ennis so it's not too far away, but I've heard that it's better craic staying there...... So, what should I do?:D

Any help would be appreciated, or if you have any other tips/advice that'd be great.

Enigma'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Hope you like Maths ;)

If you have your leaving cert maths book at home, keep it with you, because I remember Maths in first year seeming a bit crazy until I realised it was the same as I had done for the LC, except done in an weird roundabout way.

Keep on top of the circuitry AND the programming. You might think that you'll never do one or the other, but if you start cutting either or out, then you'll cut yourself tight down the line.

A lot of the lectures ended up getting cancelled for me...Meant I had a lot of time off...well I took a lot of time off....Don't do that either ;-) Nah, just make sure you know what's going on the whole time, don't wait till exam time to try and figure out what the hell Digital Systems is REALLY all about, so long as you have a basic understanding of everything I find most stuff is quite easy to revise.

Advertisement