Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harriers

Options
  • 17-08-2009 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭

Is this on every week and what is the admission fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

paddy978 wrote: »
    Is this on every week and what is the admission fee?
    If its the disco your talking about, yep tis on every week, no idea admission, as im waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond going to the harriers!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Is it located near the town centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

If I remember correctly, admission was 10 euro. And no, it's not located in the town centre, although you could walk to it from there I suppose.

However I wouldn't recommend going there unless you're aged 15/16! :p

Im 17.Heard it was over 16s only id required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

The first night you go there you join the Tullamore Harriers Social Club, you bring evidence of your age. After that you bring your membership card with you every time you go. It's a few hundred yards past the railway station on the Birr road. Most weeks there are fights, groups of lads from one town fighting some other group from some other town. When lads are fighting security seems to quash it almost immediately, however when girls are fighting there doesn't appear to be many if any female security staff. Having said all that we all went to the Harriers and lived to tell the tale, above all else enjoy yourself.

• Advertisement

Sure,ill head down Saturdaty cheers y'all.

Scawgeen wrote: »
    . Having said all that we all went to the Harriers and lived to tell the tale, above all else enjoy yourself.
    Must disagree with "we all went to the harriers" I never went in my life!!! Way beyond going now though....!:p

offaly1 wrote: »
    Must disagree with "we all went to the harriers" I never went in my life!!! Way beyond going now though....!:p

You're never too old to rock'n'roll ;) I'll rephrase what I said......''most people from Offaly have been to the Harriers''

Scawgeen wrote: »
    You're never too old to rock'n'roll ;) I'll rephrase what I said......''most people from Offaly have been to the Harriers''

Ha ha ... im one of the minority who have never been (im from Tullamore..which makes it worse!!!)

Eh ... Im just a tad too old to"rock 'n' roll" in the harriers! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The harriers,oh the puke stained memories :p

• Advertisement

offaly1 wrote: »
    Ha ha ... im one of the minority who have never been (im from Tullamore..which makes it worse!!!)

Don't worry you missed nothing. When I went there, there was very little Rock'n'Roll it was more Country'n'Irish and The Plattermen and The Memories far outweighed Gina Dale Haze and the Champions or Luvbug :D Fado fado like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

Harriers isnt on this week because of the fleadh!tis on the 29th tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

I went a few times when i was 16, then realised that sitting in a pub was better than lads off their heads on 'yokes' banging into ya, some lightweight hangin out of ya telling ya how 'drunk' they are. I could go on and on, but it is an important part of any offalians life and a big learnin experience on drink drugs and half two women (or men). Gets you ready for your18th when the actual clubs are a lot calmer!

Great night

paddy978 wrote: »
    Great night

Well any funny or shocking memories or did it all pass off good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 damob2000

I hear the harriers are putting bands back in the place. Hogan were there not to long ago and i saw on hotpress that The Flaws and The Jades are in there next month. Someone said it was to try and get the 17/18 year olds back in the place and leave the disco nights for the 15/16 year olds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bstatic

does anyone have a contact number for the harriers or the manager of it?

I got two numbers from 11850, harriers social club and harriers athletic club and they just rang out.

I'd like to speak to the manager about booking entertainment for the venue.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 damob2000

There is contact details on their website; tullamoreharriersclub.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I loved Harriers from this time last year until June this year, I was 14 for the majority of that time. It's boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I remember going to the Harriers and falling out of it drunk when I was 12. I remember come 14/15 I was thinking that I was too old to be going to the place.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    I remember going to the Harriers and falling out of it drunk when I was 12. I remember come 14/15 I was thinking that I was too old to be going to the place.

When i was goin there was always the few dirty ould lads at the alcohol bar. That was wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I was going to start a new thread but I might aswell put it up here. Does anyone have the phone number for whoever is in charge of the Astro Turf in the harriers. I was looking to check on availabilty and whilst they have a contact list on their website it only gives names and no way to contact them :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dj gazza k

i have 2 disagree wit all de bad comments bou de harz
    its DEADLY craic

Says you the 15 year old:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dj gazza k

16 actually

dj gazza k wrote: »
    16 actually
    God im good,