Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnley Fc v Manchester United Fc (Match Thread) [mod warning post #537]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

cant believe it .....
    he shouldn't have sold tevez no way

He didn't sell Tevez. Tevez was offered a contract to stay at the club, he refused it. He didn't want to sign for us because he wanted to start every game. Yet he had no problems signing for City with their 8 other strikers...

Poor performance, we didn't deserve anything from the game. Fair play to Burnley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fcuk, I'm looking forwards to MOTD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There's a shocking contrast between Chelsea's response last night to going a goal down to Sunderland and United's response tonight to going a goal down to Burnley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

Utd should go out and buy De Rossi Aguerro and anyone else that would make us look like the champions of England. Pass completion rate was a joke. Park and looking increasingly like Anderson arnt up to the standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Only utd preformance in a long time were I did not beleave we would score at all. They looked like they had never played together.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Miap

All in all an absolutely dire performance!!! Not happy passing was rubbish and park should never have been on the pitch!!!
    SAF has to get someone in before transfer window closes otherwise its gonna be one very long season!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Felt sorry for Giggs, O Shea and Rooney.

Could of had another penalty. Owens goal should have counted (maybe the keeper would have done more if the whistle didnt go though :) ) etc etc.

They still didnt create enough chances for the percentage of possession they had. Easy to say I suppose when there is 11 players in front of you, but it was poor.

Well done Burnley. Deserved it, definitely deserved at least a draw.
    No comment :D
    If it hadn't been for cotton eye'd Joe, I'd been married long time ago;
    Where did you come from where did you go?

give em a packet of bacon fries there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Absolutly delighted for Burnley!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Patrice Evra played out of his skin, if there's a thankless united player its him, fair mention for Giggs also.

But that was absolutly shocking, my worst fears from the summer realised there today, no combative CM/DM to boss the game and bring play forward, no first pass, not enough shots on target, dodgy in defense. The team just completely ran out of ideas and had no way to get themselves out. How Park got 90 minutes i'll never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

In fairness, we are far from full strength defensively. With Rio and Vidic we may not have been so sloppy.

So disappointing.

We badly need a CM who can make somethng happen.
    Burnley rarely looked like scoring. Foster didnt have to do much. I thought the defense was alright.

They scored because we failed to clear properly after Foster stopped the one on one.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Carrick and anderson didnt do a tap all evening, no creativity in middle. No one to put a foot on it and dictate play.:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote: »
    **** blaming this on Ronaldo. Ronaldo's talent is missed, but that was ****ing awful, awful from the majority of United players.

Owen, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Valencia all need to take a long ****ing look at themselves after that game, utterly shocking.

Desperately missed Fletcher, desperately, who woulda stepped up and treated Burnley with respect and worked his ass off to beat them.

**** this Ronaldo talk, United as a whole were utterly ****e, and while maybe Ronaldo woulda put away the penalty or whatever, it doesn't excuse an absolutely ****e performance.
    You are right - but the fact is with Ronaldo in that team, even with that performance, we'd have had a better chance to score than with Anderson on the LW or Park on the right. Ronaldo was a goalscorer and we lacked that tonight.

The team played crap, yeah, utter, utter ****e.

It is not excusable and not all down to Ronaldo being gone. But Ronaldo being gone is a factor. a big one, especially as i don't feel we have replaced him, either in terms of one player, or a number of players - we haven't brought the goals in.

I always thought United selling Ronaldo could help them to push on further, but it hasn't happened cause we haven't actually used the money.

We have unquestionably gone backwards in comparison to last season.

Any word on Fergie apologizing to the United fans for this crap (the game, as opposed to his lack of action in the transfer market)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Worst United performance in ages. reminded me of that loss away to Fulham last season and that was not something i wanted to be reminded of!:(

The only positive is that it might indeed open Fergie's eyes that that central midfield is nowhere near up to the job. The defense should be a lot better when Rio and Vidic(Very soon apparently) are back.

Actually feel gutted!!!:mad:
    Burnley, FFS, who people were saying would be this seasons whipping boys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Diabolical stuff from United. Well done to Burnley. Pleased for Owen Coyle but wish he'd got such a big result against another side.
    Hopefully Burnley will play that well against all the other top teams and not just us. It's really annoying when some of the 'smaller' teams dig out the performance of their lives against us and just roll over for our title rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

mike65 wrote: »
    Fcuk, I'm looking forwards to MOTD!

One of those rare occassions, Pool win Utd lose ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Laugh. The f*ck. Out. Loud. After all the bullsh!t from Utd fans after Liverpool's defeat on Sunday, well this is just delicious!! :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

Liam O wrote: »
    tbh it was basically the same last season, just then we got the luck in the final few minutes. If Carrick scores the peno, United win imo.

I hope you're right and it's just a 1-off but we've been poor in both games and I think we'll struggle against this kind of defensive setup all season. Anyway, 4.50am here, bedtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

KevR wrote: »
    Hopefully Burnley will play that well against all the other top teams and not just us. It's really annoying when some of the 'smaller' teams dig out the performance of their lives against us and just roll over for our title rivals.

nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Worst United performance in ages. reminded me of that loss away to Fulham last season

That was only a few games ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Sour grapes so early in the season???

fair play to Burnley, did the necessary. Does that mean United are out of the title chase then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

that.......was ......f*cking....pathetic!! :mad:

monkey9 wrote: »
    Laugh. The f*ck. Out. Loud. After all the bullsh!t from Utd fans after Liverpool's defeat on Sunday, well this is just delicious!! :pac: :pac: :pac:

ole, ole ole ole, ole, ole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

monkey9 wrote: »

Pool thread is that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Very poor game from United. Fletcher needs to start every game he is fit for. Well played Burnley the pressed high and refused to sit deep and try and soak United up. If they get relegated though I'll have a wry smile on my face!

mike65 wrote: »
    That was only a few games ago.
    Yes but on a whole, i think tonights performance was probably worse!

Does that mean United are out of the title chase then?
    If they dont eat ham sandwiches it does, imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

fair play to Burnley, did the necessary. Does that mean United are out of the title chase then?

Nah I think Liverpool are back in it now.

with performances like that.

Yes.

Terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

don't...start...

well done burnley.

utd completely toothless, and lacking anything in the middle, as many people have highlighted pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Spurs are gonna win the title, oh no wait only 2 games have been played not 32.

I'm going to bookmark this thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Well done to Burnley :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Unlucky United, you were robbed. Heh.

Villain wrote: »
    Spurs are gonna win the title
    It will be their year, just keep eating the ham sambos and stay away from the dodgey chefs. God knows who hires those chefs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Unlucky United, you were robbed. Heh.

what are you on about :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Jesus, its midweek, one team from Manchester are losing at Burnley. The other is beating Barca at the Camp Nou.

This was awful, awful stuff. It reminds me of losing away to Norwich or Wolves in the years where we really struggled.

Hopefully it tempts the cheque book out. This was absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mod note: before any more stupidity creeps into this thread, please remember the forum charter and abide by it in responding to this thread...for your own sakes if not for anyone else's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Sack Fergie
    Sell Giggs

Fair play Burnley.

On another note - why the hell did they get Merson to do our game on SSN? I felt like ripping my ears off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Listening to Merson sounds like a fairly krap performance from United.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Hopefully it tempts the cheque book out.

For who though? Looking at that game tonight, who would we get to improve United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Trilla wrote: »
    For who though? Looking at that game tonight, who would we get to improve United

All the burnley players

The Muppet wrote: »
    All the burnley players
    haha, does that count as stupidy creeping in!! Probably not based on that game tonight.

Fergie on sky sports news now, being honest enough (apart from *Not* saying how muck Carrick was)

edit - forgot the word not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Any results from tonights game lads.

Any results from tonights game lads.

United 4-1 Burnley

Us United fans are just a bit mad we didn't win by more if you look over the last couple of pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Damn had some money on burnley winning 1 - 0.

Trilla wrote: »

Off the top of my head:

De Rossi.

van der Vaart

Sneijder

Ribery

David Silva

Juan Mata

Ashley Young

Marcos Senna

Probably a lot of others too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Off the top of my head:

De Rossi.

van der Vaart

Sneijder

Ribery

David Silva

Juan Mata

Ashley Young

Marcos Senna

those 2 are very much possible but nope :rolleyes:

Damn had some money on burnley winning 1 - 0.

Dammit man, Burnley at 9/1 for the win was a bloody tempting bet alright!:)

From that list, i'd say its more commanding defensive midfielder we need more than anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

to the utd fans who are in here, fair play to pretty much all of ye.

telling it like it is, and not shirking the truth, or making easy excuses, or trolling out the 'fergie always gets it right' excuse.

i still think it's a slight over reaction though. i think, like every team in the league, there are deficiencies in the team which have been discussed a million times and will be discussed again.

but you haven't become sh*te all of a sudden.

you had 5 points from 4 games last year.

it'll probably be a wake up call.

hopefully i'm unbelievably, embarrassingly wrong though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

how did Owen get on?any chances in the second half?

Off the top of my head:

De Rossi. - unavailable

van der Vaart - had a good Euro 2008, but hardly set the world alight in Germany or Spain

Sneijder - looking likely to join Inter soon..

Ribery - Currently valued at way over the odds..

David Silva - unavailable and wants to stay in Spain

Juan Mata - Pretty sure he'd want to stay in Spain too

Ashley Young - About the most realistic option

Marcos Senna - maybe 4 years ago..

See above..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement