Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnley Fc v Manchester United Fc (Match Thread) [mod warning post #537]

1789101113»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think he handled ronaldo well - couldn't of done anything more and with the finances as they are it had to be done.
    Tevez I'll allow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pal wrote: »
    Not too sure. He handled Ronaldo and Tevez poorly.
    Was a time when things would have been done differently.
    ah please, seriously please. There is alot of terrible posts in this thread.

Its gone from match updates to disappointment to Pool fans having a laugh and banter to eejits like me responding to them with random remarks, but to be calling for the managers head and critising him after day 2 of the premiership is a very easy and silly thing to do. IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

How did he handle Ronaldo poorly? He probably got him to stay at the club one season longer than any other manager would. A season where we very nearly won everything in sight.

Probably longer if you consider he was nearly gone after his incident with Rooney at the world cup.

As for Tevez well he is a money grabbing whore of a player. Wanted first team football so he went to the club with more strikers than any other club in the league, wanted success so he went to a club who consider a top four finish success. Bollix he seen big money signs and ****ed off.

Can't believe people are willing to show more respect to Tevez over Ferguson. Shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Ronaldo wanted to go last year, he got another season out of him and a lot of money for him, I don't see how that was handled badly.

I honestly don't believe Tevez was worth the money they were looking for him (wages and fee), we'll see if he proves me wrong at city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

steps_3314 wrote: »
    ok lads go easy

as i said im really p**sed off at the result and the direction they are goin. maybe it will change, not sure

but i think we need at least one new player

ok, and i probly could have thought about it a little more before just shouting out some of the comments.

I have never had a fit of rage so bad as to actually consider calling for Fergie's head, nevermind replacing him with Bore-inho.
    The season is two games old people need to relax. Hell Burnley could be the Hull of this season tormenting the top clubs. Hopefully Fletcher will now be given the chance to cement one of the two CM positions as his own, at least 'til Hargo is fit again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Four of the big five in position already and United not there however it is early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I have never had a fit of rage so bad as to actually consider calling for Fergie's head, nevermind replacing him with Bore-inho.
    The season is two games old people need to relax. Hell Burnley could be the Hull of this season tormenting the top clubs. Hopefully Fletcher will now be given the chance to cement one of the two CM positions as his own, at least 'til Hargo is fit again.

Yeah it was a bit of a rage.And i apolgise for causing a stir to you guys.

Hoefully things will only improve. Do agree Fletcher should get one of the CM roles. He was class last year. I'd love to see Hargreaves back. I stand by my opinion of Park. He is not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Four of the big five in position already and United not there however it is early days.

This is mostly due to goal difference

Wouldn't worry about it too much

Vida back on Saturday hopefully. That shuld add some solidity to the defence and hopefully we can get our season kickstarted before the visit of Arsenal the week after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Okay, discussion over United's general direction for this season or debate of the merits of possible managerial replacements for Alex Ferguson can take place in the Manchester United general discussion thread.

Iago's post is a good one I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement