Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M14 trouble

Options
  • 17-08-2009 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

I was using my M14in a skirmish yesterday and it stopped firing.At first I thought it was the battery but after changing twice I noticed something odd.To fire the gun I needed to pull and push the mag before firing the gun.This was odd as there was no jam and the clip was in properly.Couldn't find a solution online said I'd try here.If anyone knows what to do I could use some advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

ok, what brand m14?

by fire, do you mean 'fire bbs' or 'fire at all'
    Does the gun fire without a mag in? if its pulling and pushing, perhaps the mechanism is loose in the stock and is pushing on a wire with a loose connection...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MKIII

ASG gun won't fire at alll till you pull or push mag.

so... cyma...

gun will not fire at all... ie, doesnt turn over? yes?

If so, I'd belive its a lose connection inside. who did you buy it from and how long ago?

o it was well over a year ago in cork I guess I will have to open her up and have a look around

NO.... take it down to a local shop, and ask them to take a look. From the sound of your posts, you dont really know the barrel from the buttplate of the gun... opening it will only result in a pile of m14 parts in your cupboard....

you do want it to work again right?

• Advertisement

yea i suppose you are right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

If you can get to Galway I can repair it for ya. I have small business fixin AEG, GBB and all airsoft guns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Airsofty

Before taking it to a Shop id look at the Battery contacts to the motor, pretty easy to get at-also very likly to be the issue.. making an intermitant contact with the motor, most likly to be the red wire to the motor... look at youtube for a guide -the link is a AGM Teardown...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yYlzGcY6k&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

Do not take apart m14 if you have no experience. Those are a nightmare to work on. An low end AEG doesn't really help - Trust me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

well, as airsofty said have a look at the motor connecters and the like
    its not that hard to get at, i had one for repair a few weeks back and i just took it out of the stock checked all the connections and it was firing fine, could be a similar probelm
    btw the only difference between the asg and agm teardown is that on the asg one you dont have to undo any grub screws at the front end of the rifle just pull on the trigger guard to remove it
    andros wrote: »
    Do not take apart m14 if you have no experience. Those are a nightmare to work on. An low end AEG doesn't really help - Trust me.

The ASG ones arent that bad,
    the gearbox barrel etc can be removed easily all you have to do is remove the trigger guard and it all slides away, just watch when your pulling it apart, theres a mini tamiya connecter just as the motor comes out just be careful when your taking it out as the fuse can catch easily that is if you decide to take it apart. As for the gearbox, thats something thats not to be messed with if you dont know what your doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭xxboylarzxx

yeah that does sound like a loose connection,take it to the closest shop to you!
    Andy

Advertisement