Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galway advertiser

Options
  • 17-08-2009 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

does anyone know what time they start giving it out from there offices on a wednesday morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

I think you can get the paper from about lunch time in the office and from about 3/4 pm online.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

The accommodation thing?
    Thought it was about 12.30/1?

Id que early if i were you.... That que can get prettttttttttty nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Accommodation sheet is 2pm, but you can get it online not very long after.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Interesting to see if there are queues for the sheet this year. TBH I can't see it happening when there are so many houses/rooms to rent on Daft at the moment. Four times the amount this time two years ago.

To the OP, go find yourself a nice gaff, don't take the first sh!thole that comes along. There's plenty out there to choose from.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

True theres houses, but from what ive seen, everyone wants a 3 bedroom house. We were beaten by minutes to 2 lovely well priced 3 bedroom apartments 2 weeks ago.

The property listings are available from galway advertiser on eyre square at 2pm and costs €2.
    They are available online at around 3.30. Last week it was 3.40 by the time the whole list was online.
    The paper is out on Thursday for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

as you know the accomidation goes so quick on the day,so the crap heap of shed,s are left on thursday,start to que with your 2e in pocket.good luck with the search. have someone else with you ,as it could get bit hairy when they start going around with the sheet,s of paper,everyone for himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Went looking for a house with my sister who is starting college in Sept on Saturday - some of the places were outrageous - €110 for a single room, close to the college but my god, i wouldn't put a dog in it...

She got a nice place in The Bailey which is lovely but some landlords should be ashamed of what they are offering and what they expect to get per week - its robbery!!

As another poster said, look at a few places and dont settle for a ****hole - also be prepared to haggle. There are lots of places available this year or so it seems so dont take anything out of desperation.

Don't sign a year lease, you might find a fantastic place two months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I'm looking for a 3 bed at the moment as well! Ive never found it so hard to get a place, but maybe its becasue we're being pretty fussy about it! Hoping to get something sorted today, either way I wont be queing for the advertiser 2moro, its just not woth the hassel! Wednesday evenings are a rat race and its basically a matter of who can throw money at the landlord the fastest. In such a paniced state its hard to make rational decisions, you end up taking a place without thinking it through or even checking out the place fully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Got a 3 bed last week without much hassle. Had to ring up a good few places first but I was expecting that. Some of the ads I rang were looking for ridiculous money, shop around, some landlords are still living in 2005 in their heads!

• Advertisement

Indeed, looking at daft 3 bedders range from 700 to 1250.

When we started looking 3 or 4 weeks ago we had some sort bargining power. Now that the students are all back looking landlords arnt willing to negotiaite at all. Waiting to hear about a place this evening. I found the whole process to be more stressful and tiring then ever!

Magnus wrote: »
    Indeed, looking at daft 3 bedders range from 700 to 1250.

The 700 one are usually in a very bad loctions, away from the center of town and the university!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

so do ye reckon that the good place,s are gone at this stage? when does uni' start anyway? sorry but i,m a mother of a 6yr -12yrold, i,m not tuned in to the 19-20,s yet.

There are still some decent places available but it can be hard work finding them time of year! If you afford to wait another month untill the whole things dies down you would save yourself alot of hassel!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

or just avoid looking in places too close to GMIT/NUIG

But yeah, the Galway accommodation market is mental right now. If you can wait another month, do.

Advertisement