Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!I've got no water.

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for some advice.
    Since yesterday morning(Sunday) , there has been a problem with water in my house.
    There is no water in any of the toilets(upstairs or downstairs)and no water coming out of the cold taps in the bathrooms.
    I do have hot and cold water in the kitchen tap and all the hot taps in the bathrooms are working. The electric shower is working.The washing machine is working.
    I would appreciate any advice.Is it something simple or is it a matter for a plumber and if so could someone recommend a plumber to me? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Hi, I'm looking for some advice.
    Since yesterday morning(Sunday) , there has been a problem with water in my house.
    There is no water in any of the toilets(upstairs or downstairs)and no water coming out of the cold taps in the bathrooms.
    I do have hot and cold water in the kitchen tap and all the hot taps in the bathrooms are working. The electric shower is working.The washing machine is working.
    I would appreciate any advice.Is it something simple or is it a matter for a plumber and if so could someone recommend a plumber to me? Thanks in advance.

You will get a better response over in the DIY forum.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

where are you living...as far as i know there is water issues on the north circuilar road area...

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

the council just got back to me. they said there is no issue in my area(Rhebogue) so i need a plumber..can anyone recommend a good plumber??thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

The taps that are working are on a direct mains feed the other taps are fed from the tank in the attic. The easiest way to clear the blockage is with a garden hose!!

Fit the hose to one of the working taps and then connect the other end to one of the other taps that are not working. Turn on the nonworking tap first then the working cold water tap, the pressure from the working tap should push its way back through the system to the tank in the attic and clear the air block ( dont leave it on for more than 30 sec or so.
    Remove both connections and see if that fixes it!!

Had to do this a few days ago after shutting down the tank to fit a new shower to the gravity feed.
    :cool:

If you need a plumber try - Edward Byrnes Mid West Central Heating Services Limerick - (087) 6211173 Nice guy and wont rip you off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Could be worse, could be water polluted by silage seepage like we've got at the moment :(

• Advertisement

thanks , got it all sorted this afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

grenache wrote: »
    Could be worse, could be water polluted by silage seepage like we've got at the moment :(

uugghhhh :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

thanks , got it all sorted this afternoon!

Aw!

Can't you let us know what fixed it in case it ever happens to any of us?!?!?!?

- Was it CCSL's fix?

I called a plumber!He went up into the attic....and next thing you know....I had water again!!(I dont know, i'm only a girl!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

It was probably your water pump. They need to be reset if they run dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

how much did he charge ya?

zuroph wrote: »
    how much did he charge ya?

€60, was this expensive?He came to my house 30 mins after I called himand he was here for about a half hour.I thought it was ok.I was pretty desperate so I suppose I didnt mind !And I had no notion of going up into my attic myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

€60, was this expensive?He came to my house 30 mins after I called himand he was here for about a half hour.I thought it was ok.I was pretty desperate so I suppose I didnt mind !And I had no notion of going up into my attic myself!
    50 is what i've usually seen in call out charges. fair enough he got there quick, and solved it for ya. still, you shouldnt be so afraid of your attic, it aint that bad up there.

EDIT: Not to say I've been hiding in your attic or anything! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

zuroph wrote: »
    50 is what i've usually seen in call out charges. fair enough he got there quick, and solved it for ya. still, you shouldnt be so afraid of your attic, it aint that bad up there.

EDIT: Not to say I've been hiding in your attic or anything! :p

Thats very weird :(

- Poor plumber must have found it a bit odd trying to fix that issue in the attic with Zuroph hanging upsidedown and naked from the rafters.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ninety6days

I've been hiding in your attic for two weeks. I squeezed one of the pipes to cut off your water so someone would come up to see me. Was hoping to kill one of you and wear your skin like a hat. I had sex with your plumber. He sure fixed my pipes.

Yours sincerely,
    Darina Allen.

Advertisement