Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying Law in UCD (new course)

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I know there is a law thread. But its kinda old, mainly talks about the 3 year course. I was kinda hoping I could get some info on the 4 year course that I will be doing.

I guess I should just ask some general law questions.

Is the Law Faculty miles from anything else, cause on the map, thats what it looks like.

Is it hard to get law books, are their many of them

What are the lecture / tutorial hours like per week

What are the class sizes like

How much does Law BCL mix with Law and French or Law and Business

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

The other thread would really be applicable to all your questions, but since you asked..

No it's not miles from everything else.. about a 5 minute walk from the main campus.. Nothing too testing!

No, it's not hard to get law books, but they are very expensive (especially when buying new). Don't buy the book unless you're told it's a necessity. the library really has everything you need. I made the mistake of buying 2 books last year at €100+ only to open them about 3 times in the entire year.

I did B&L and our hours were somewhere between 15-20 a week for first year. Expect less for law.

Lectures are huge. Assuming everything is the same as last year, your Contract, tort and constitutional lectures will be mixed with B&L, and all the law withs (politics, french, etc.).. I think last year is the first time this happened. It meant that these lectures had to take place in Arts or Science.
    Your other, straight BCL-exclusive modules will have smaller lectures and will probably be held in Roebuck (law faculty)
    Also, your tutorials will be only students from your straight BCL course, I think, and have about 16 in them

Hope that helped

Advertisement