Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To Those who Love Dublin

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

This all started on a recent trip we were having, and a discussion started up around people either loving or hating Dublin.

We figured the best way to find out was to have a contest and two facebook groups were created and both went live.

So for any of ye who love Dublin please show your support and join our group.

Facebook Group: Everyone Loves Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

Hi all, as the numpty that started this whole bet I felt i should take a few minutes and explain whats going on lmao.

My self and a Friend were discussing at lenght reasons as to why people love and hate Dublin after the conversation went on to long we decided on setteling the matter with a bet.

Hence the face book sites we have 5 weeks to gain as much support by our members as possible un till the comp is over.
    The victory party for either side is being held in Kerry

So show your support click the link above and join in the fun, comment and leave message regarding everything :)

Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

You won't get an proper read on what people think. Most people who say they hate Dublin don't have a clue about the city. This had been proven on this forum loads of times. People come on moaning about the city, saying it doesn't have this and that... they are informed that the city actually does have what they are looking for, but they are too lazy to find out for themselves. One poster said there was no wildlife in Dublin for fooks sake, talk about not having a clue. They slink off with their tails between their legs and still say they hate Dublin.

Look at this for example.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=61647535&postcount=70

Stabbings in Mayo are being blamed on Dublin.

This whole subject is going national, Spin103.8 have been contacted regarding this ''BET'' as alot of opinions are now flying.

I would just like to remind every one that even though we value everyone's choice in the matter please keep it fun lol I'm from Dublin born and bread living in Waterford so I am bias but Dublin kicks ass :)

So many things to chose to love, Sights and sounds, city center, the zoo, museums, the liffy walk, the caost line, ''the spike'' lmao, temple bar, the shops ect ect :)

Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

NBB Bohs wrote: »
    Inbred uneducated muck savages from the sticks.
    Worst thing about Dublin is the "us and them" attitude, which works both ways.

Originally from Donegal myself, spent time living in Galway, London, Prague and now Dublin. Each place has their pros and cons but I've certainly come to appreciate and settle into Dublin.

I genuinely feel sorry for my Dublin friends when I hear them talk about "the countryside" and they mean a trip to Bray or Malahide or something. It's like civilization just ends with the Dart line in their minds.

Yes, Dublin is the biggest and best city in Ireland. But it's still only a small part of the island and there's plenty going on in the villages, towns, big towns and small cities peppered throughout the rest of the country. A lot of which, I'd have to say, do feel "more Irish" -- in that green hills, wet rain, cosy pub sort of way. There's pros and cons to that as well... nothing to get uptight about.

Dubliners would do well to get out there and see a bit of it, enjoy the craic, and not be feared of these "inbred uneducated muck savages" they hear so much about from, eh, other Dublin people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Most Dubs holiday in Ireland at least once a year Goodshape. And if you read some of the posts on After Hours it looks like the Dubs are taking over the countryside.

Then again, that is afterhours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Obviously my broad sweeping generalizations don't apply to every individual.

Though most of my Dublin friends would holiday in Europe somewhere, tbh. Most of my inbred uneducated muck savage friends would holiday in Europe too, come to think of it.

Yup its true, this all started due to our vacations around the country.

I'm living in Waterford now and me and a group of tag rugby heads/work mates go to the tournements around Ireland every year, We were in Galways at the weekend and thats where the debate started.

I do love Dublin and i love the rest but I feel people cant honestly say that they hate Dublin without valid reason, now I know that some people have reason to dislike it and I wont argue with them but for the vast majority, this is the reason we started this competition to see what the general feeling is.

we may not get alot of the people onto the facebook group but enough to show em Dublin is loved :)
    Flanders536

Advertisement