Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New website - Emails going to Junk mail folder

• 17-08-2009 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

I am working on a new website. When I send an email (to my gmail account) from that website's web mail all the emails automatically go into my Junk mail folder.

I have tried this previously with different web hosting and website web mail and it worked perfectly arriving in my inbox as expected.

I never usually check my Junk mail. How come this is happening? Is it bad hosting? Any possible solutions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Peter B wrote: »
    I am working on a new website. When I send an email (to my gmail account) from that website's web mail all the emails automatically go into my Junk mail folder.

I have tried this previously with different web hosting and website web mail and it worked perfectly arriving in my inbox as expected.

I never usually check my Junk mail. How come this is happening? Is it bad hosting? Any possible solutions?
    Tick the mail in the Junk Folder, click where it says Not Spam.

gmail_spam2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Tick the mail in the Junk Folder, click where it says Not Spam.

gmail_spam2.gif

Thanks, but with my previous websites, when I have had the web mail it didn't get sent to the Junk mail folder by default. As I said earlier that may have been due to having a different hosting company. I don't want people to have to search their junk mail to look for mail from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

It might be just your account, create a new Gmail account and email it from your new hosting site and see what folder it goes to.

cpu-dude wrote: »
    It might be just your account, create a new Gmail account and email it from your new hosting site and see what folder it goes to.

I happens with all Gmail accounts I try. I've just tried 2 more. Is my sending server blacklisted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I think gmail flags anything that appears to come from a webserver as spam

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I think gmail flags anything that appears to come from a webserver as spam

I just tried my other server hosted by Siteground. It worked fine and got sent straight into the Gmail inbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

There is a user called deadl0ck (i think) and he was having the exact same problem with emails. I think he managed to sort it so it might be worth pm'n him. His site was game swap ireland if you cant find him on here

Advertisement