Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c.v help

Options
  • 17-08-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

could anyone advise me where in sligo would be a good spot for help with c.v's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I think there was a place setup on the Mall for that sort of stuff..

Forget the name of it or whether it's still even there. It was across from O Neills pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

www.monster.ie is good for advice on CVs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

the youth info place at the bottom of high street should be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Also FÁS in Cranmore give help with C.V's, I think you can just drop in and ask them for some time.
    AFAIK /they also give interview advice as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

imho don't send in a cv. do something different. If a job is advertised the employer gets maybe 60-70 cvs and will not read them all. They will be scanned and reduced to 10 which will be read and then narrowed to 3-5 for interview. What kind of a job is it? Send in a youtube video or a christmas card or a shoe anything but a cv. people will say its risky but imho its not as risky as a cv same as the 60 others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭teddy_303

If you would like the job, do not do a video for the employer to look at on you tube. There is an office in the north side centre, formally ST Edwards N.S., called the Jobs club. If you Google that, you will get the e mail and phone no, so you can make an appointment to speak with the staff. They run courses in CV prep, interview techniques, pc skills too I think. It's a few hours a day but well worth it if you need this information. Don't show the employer how extrovert and individual you are by applying your own wacky way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

thank you all for your help

Advertisement