Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children's birthday party ideas needed!

Options
  • 17-08-2009 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm planning a party for my soon to be 9 year old girl. We were going to have it in the house, money is an issue for us.
    Anybody got any ideas how to make it great and affordable?
    Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

How about having something like a treasure hunt in the back garden shouldnt cost that much and would keep the kids entertained for ages. Make the cake yourself or get a relative to make it should be well able to host it for under €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭sachamama

That sounds like a good idea thanks Tony, I don't think we can depend on the weather though, its not been a good summer so far! I'd love to be able to do this for under €50 but I somehow think it will go to about €150....between drinks and food and cake and prizes and decorations....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I was thinking of having a DIY icecream sundae party for my friends little girl, everyone gets a couple of scoops of plain vanilla, or different flavours if they aren't fussy but I think the vanilla would just be handier, and then they go round a table with lots of bowls of different toppings, smarties, sauces, loads of sprinkles (very important!), flakes, maybe a couple of small, cheap tesco log cakes cut up into squares. It would have made my day when I was little (mostly cos I was a little chubber and loved my food) and it can be done for buttons because everything can be picked up in lidl or aldi for very little.

Kids don't really notice the quality of cake and stuff like that, as long as it looks pretty, so you could pick up your cake for buttons in the supermarket and just ice the living daylights out of it!

€2 shop can be great for decorations, party cups/plates. If you have long enough to go before the party for stuff to be delivered to you ebay would also be a fab option.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

My mam used to do a great game but it can only really be done once.

In the sitting room or out in the garden you have loads of obsticles to climb over or duck under. You show them to all the kids. Then you make them go into another room where they cant see the obsticles and they take turns with a blindfold on to come out. You guide them through the obsticle course, best have a few adults to cheer them on, tell them they can't touch anything. But the twist is that you've taken all the obsticles away. After they've finished climbing over thin air take the blindfold off and watch them laugh at themselves. I remember it being very funny in my day anyway :pac: Do the birthday girl last then so everyone who has done it can see.

Advertisement