Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing!!

Options
  • 17-08-2009 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Anyone doing nursing next year?

I'm doing Children's and General Integrated in DCU - my first choice! :D
    Points went up by 40 this year though! I think points went up for almost all nursing courses!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cian_s_obrien

General Nursing in UCC, roll on college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

psychaitric nursing in NUIG

How many guys are doing nursing, any one know a rough ratio of males to females doing nursing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

im going to be doing midwifery,so kinda nursing:D , when i was at the ucd open day there were a few guys at the talk asking about how many guys were in there, apparently very few but the patients are supposed to love the male nurses,especially the female ones, so the lecturer said:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Am I right in thinking that you can get into medicine from nursing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 m_w

NerdPantzz wrote: »
    Anyone doing nursing next year?

I'm doing Children's and General Integrated in DCU - my first choice! :D
    Points went up by 40 this year though! I think points went up for almost all nursing courses!

hey there! yep i'm doing the same course as you..was my first choice too:) you apply for campus? dunno any1 else doin the course yet so nice to meet ya!-sorta. lol:D orientation starts 21st sept.happy out!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 SandraD77

Childrens & General in TCD.... Roll on the end of Sept, can't wait to get started! :)

theowen wrote: »
    you hit the nail on the head there. finishing your nursing course you need to come out with a 2.1 degree. and then apply to do graduate entry into medicine, you'll have to do a GAMSAT test. not sure if all colleges offer graduate entry to med. thats what im planning on doing anway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NerdPantzz

m_w wrote: »
    hey there! yep i'm doing the same course as you..was my first choice too:) you apply for campus? dunno any1 else doin the course yet so nice to meet ya!-sorta. lol:D orientation starts 21st sept.happy out!:)
    Nice to sorta meet u indeed! I'm really lookin forward to it! I don't know of anyone else (except you) doing our course!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 m_w

ah not to worry...nurses are generally the mad, chatty crazy bunch so should be easy enough to make friends..we'll be grand!:) i'm from westmeath by the way(big bogger/culchie land lol..suppose i'll have to leave the wellies behind me though haha) where abouts ya livin ureself?:) just found out today i got larkfield accom...ya get sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NerdPantzz

I live in Ashbourne (near finglas, dublin) in Meath so DCU is actually real close by! So I'm living at home, no accomadation worries for me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rgnmb

To answer your question...there are very few, those that are do psych and ID, and then a minority do general.

I suspect you could count general male students on your course, in your year, on one hand, and certainly no more than two hands! has its advantages! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 rgnmb

theowen wrote: »

Mature entry into undergraduate medicine, nursing may been seen as an advantage...but not really among other health care courses, physio/dentistry etc.

Graduate entry medicine, as long as you degree is a 2.1 or greater it makes no difference, its all down to the GAMSAT...

There is no exact route/direct entry for nurses to get into medicine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭NightOwl91

Nursing in UCC!!!:D:D
    or UCD hehe

Advertisement