Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strawberry seller on roadside attacked with Iron Bar

• 17-08-2009 2:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Strawberry seller viciously attacked

By Brendan Furlong

Monday August 17 2009

GARDAI are hunting a man who viciously attacked a teenage girl selling strawberries along the roadside with an iron bar.

Officers are appealing for witnesses after 17-year-old Aisling Murphy from Galbally, Enniscorthy, Co Wexford, was assaulted on the Wexford/Rosslare road close to the Whitford Hotel roundabout.

The appeal follows the attack of the student last Thursday evening. The assailant demanded cash and stole the young woman's Blackberry mobile phone. Wexford town gardai are now investigating the assault and robbery. Sgt Michael Troy said it was a horrific ordeal for the teenager.

"Wexford gardai are appealing to any motorist who may have witnessed anything to come forward," he said.

Speaking on local radio Aisling's father, Seamus Murphy, said she was still traumatised by the incident. "It's dreadful to think that such a thing would happen," he said.

Wexford town gardai are appealing for anyone with information to contact the garda station on 053 9122333.

Independent.ie

So there we are - a young person can't even go about selling strawberries on a roadside to try make a living without being assaulted by some gurrier these days. What a great little country/cesspit this is turning into.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You're right, Ireland IS great. Good post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I just kow someone wittier than me is going to make a joke about strawberries and blackberries, but on a more serious note, that makes me sick to my stomach. What a lunatic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

everyone, please do your best to help the police with their inquiries, so that they can get this cnut off the streets. for 2 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

She probably brought it upon herself. Was she charging "pre-recessionary" prices ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

I'm confused, was she selling strawberries or blackberries?
    :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Stay your hands, impetuous ones!

Has it been established whether or not she was a single mother and/or doing a Nixer while in receipt of social welfare / exceeding third-level allowance?

Either situation warrants outrage and punishment; both warrant possible sterilization.

Let us investigate before proceeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mr.Obvious

darkman2 wrote: »
    Independent.ie

So there we are - a young person can't even go about selling strawberries on a roadside to try make a living without being assaulted by some gurrier these days. What a great little country/cesspit this is turning into.

Yes. An absolute disgrace. A robber actually going through with their violent threats. Who woulda thunk it?

Exactly, she could have been an unmarried Romanian mother working for a traveller from Borris under a false name and claiming the dole. Let's not judge until we have all the facts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

How to you like them apples, er....strawberries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Independent.ie

So there we are - a young person can't even go about selling strawberries on a roadside to try make a living without being assaulted by some gurrier these days.
    How do you make that out? One person got attacked by a some nutcase. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Independent.ie

Sounds like sour grapes to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Nutters!!!
    Maybe she was moving in on his patch.:rolleyes:

It certainly debunks the myth of strawberries as a healthy food source if you need a supplement of iron with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Sounds like sour grapes to me...

I see what you did there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I'd do the same..these umarried asylum-seeking strawberry sellers are a modern-day scourge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

TBH, i don't think the clip tells the whole story - she was almost certainly selling new potatoes as well

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Exactly, she could have been an unmarried Romanian mother working for a traveller from Borris under a false name and claiming the dole. Let's not judge until we have all the facts.

Who cares if she was scamming the system. She did not deserve that. Makes me sick to think there are people like that out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ScumLord wrote: »
    How do you make that out? One person got attacked by a some nutcase. .

we dont know the entire story .... all we know is what was printed.

its possible that she could be a single mother and the guy that did it was the father of the child ....or a jealous former lover.

maybe it was a random attack ...maybe the guy has spotted an opportunity to get cash to pay debts to banks/dealers or even bills.

Maybe its all sensationalised.

too many unknown facts - so we cant even claim the guys a nutcase (Ahem).... he could well be a desperate person or a career criminal

I know that girl..her favourite band is The Jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

stovelid wrote: »
    Stay your hands, impetuous ones!

Has it been established whether or not she was a single mother and/or doing a Nixer while in receipt of social welfare / exceeding third-level allowance?

Either situation warrants outrage and punishment; both warrant possible sterilization.

...or worser still, some swan eating, funny tasting bread munching Eastern European, who has destroyed our country with their AIB investment policies.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

know that girls family very well she is an angel wouldnt hurt a fly SHAME ON WHO EVER DID THIS AND SHAME ON ALL THE SLANDEROUS POSTERS ABOVE WHO IMPLIED SHE DESERVED IT/ SUGGESTED SHE BROUGHT IT ON HERSELF:mad::mad::mad:

she is an angel

I didn't realize she'd....

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I wonder did this roadside seller have all the proper documentation and licenses to peddle her wares...if not the Gardaí are partly to blame for this attack, for not moving her on or arresting her in a timely manner...

Don't forget the EU subsidising the so called farming industry who made the strawberries. It's goes deep people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I'm the iron bar wielding maniac, I did it!

Every morning this Summer I would walk by that bitch on the way to my job down the salvage yard with my pet lizard, Hercules. "Strawberrieeees. Plump juicy strawberrieeees" she would snarl at me, "Hey you, gypsy boy, come here you little ****, you didnt pay the strawberry tax". I just put down my head and walked away, every day the same thing. There's no such thing as strawberry tax.

Then she started throwing them at me, saying that if I didn't pay her the tax she'd come and get hercules. I had no choice. So yesterday, when she pelted one at me and it got Hercules between the eyes, I just cracked.

I'm not sorry. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I saw that fruit peddlar around Wexford ever again:mad: I'm so mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

I'm the iron bar wielding maniac, I did it!

Every morning this Summer I would walk by that bitch on the way to my job down the salvage yard with my pet lizard, Hercules. "Strawberrieeees. Plump juicy strawberrieeees" she would snarl at me, "Hey you, gypsy boy, come here you little ****, you didnt pay the strawberry tax". I just put down my head and walked away, every day the same thing. There's no such thing as strawberry tax.

Then she started throwing them at me, saying that if I didn't pay her the tax she'd come and get hercules. I had no choice. So yesterday, when she pelted one at me and it got Hercules between the eyes, I just cracked.

I'm not sorry. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if I saw that fruit peddlar around here ever again:mad: I'm so mad!

oh my dearest fellow you are a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Total disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Harpic

Rylan wrote: »
    Total disaster.

Hercules is probably a voice in his head:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

know that girls family very well she is an angel wouldnt hurt a fly SHAME ON WHO EVER DID THIS AND SHAME ON ALL THE SLANDEROUS POSTERS ABOVE WHO IMPLIED SHE DESERVED IT/ SUGGESTED SHE BROUGHT IT ON HERSELF:mad::mad::mad:

All they guilty of is joking in bad taste, none of them would suggest she deserved it, unless they were insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

stovelid wrote: »
    It certainly debunks the myth of strawberries as a healthy food source if you need a supplement of iron with them.

its not often I chortle while raising an eyebrow but well done my good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Any info on how the girl is doing now?

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Any info on how the girl is doing now?

They gave her some cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

OUTRAGED....again...

It was one incident. FFS lets ban strawberries and iron and twist our knickers another notch.

-Funk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Mmmm strawberry bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Oh, I don't know....
    She's the one who was ".....selling strawberries along the roadside with an iron bar."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ah yes it's all fun and games until somebody looses an eye knows the person involved....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Easy there tiger, I'm sure it's nothing to get hung about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Eccles

There really are a lot of sad ,sick people who post on this forum...and what the hell do the moderators do exactly here ?!
    Condolences to the girl and her family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Eccles

Im sure youd feel the same if it was your sister frada...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Degsy wrote: »
    They gave her some cream.

On her face?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Eccles wrote: »
    Im sure youd feel the same if it was your sister frada...

There we go again, it's looks like I'm being misintrepreted again. *Sigh* No one, I think is in my tree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Did she ever go on cam 4 with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭tara666

is there a job opening?
    how much an hour?
    can i eat the strawberries?
    do i have to produce my own cream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I bet the culprit is an AH regular*

*Wasn't me

Seriously though, it's kind of odd why there's a sudden surge in violence around now. There's not particular reason for it, the economy is about to improve, scumbags have always been scumbags and I doubt they've been taking courses in how to increase their productivity. Also, most of this crap is from one paper. Is it possible that this has all been concocted (or confabulated, ho ho) for our reading pleasure? Far stranger things have happened, my fellow AHers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

But But did you see the price of Strwberrys this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Did you see the price of blackberries? She must have been making a killing. Someone had to stand up to her!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭demag

Bunch of f-ucking c-unts on ah as usual tonight. Hope these scum never meet up with you or any of your loved ones. You make me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

DEATH SENTENCE FOR THIS MAN. IT IS THE ONLY OPTION.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Confab wrote: »
    I bet the culprit is an AH regular*

*Wasn't me

Seriously though, it's kind of odd why there's a sudden surge in violence around now. There's not particular reason for it, the economy is about to improve, scumbags have always been scumbags and I doubt they've been taking courses in how to increase their productivity. Also, most of this crap is from one paper. Is it possible that this has all been concocted (or confabulated, ho ho) for our reading pleasure? Far stranger things have happened, my fellow AHers.

Any proof or statistics for this other than hearsay or tabloids?

demag wrote: »
    Bunch of f-ucking c-unts on ah as usual tonight. Hope these scum never meet up with you or any of your loved ones. You make me sick.

Report them.

With any luck, they may get barred.

• Advertisement
Advertisement