Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mars Volta in December

• 17-08-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Great news this!

17 August 2009
    Texas prog rockers The Mars Volta are to play Dublin's Olympia Theatre on Thursday December 10th.

The Mexico based group are touring with their fifth full length studio album, 'Octehedron' which they released back in June.

Tickets priced €35 go on sale this Wednesday August 19th at 9am

Oneida this Saturday...Isis & Grand magnus in October...happy days

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!:D:D:D

All the main prog bands I like I'm seeing in three months this year!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

No frickin' way! Gonna try my best to get this. Loved at the drive in too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Nice one, cheers for the heads-up OP.

I saw them at a festival this summer, had been really looking forward to them, but the sound wasn't great and I missed the start of their set. Was only thinking yesterday how I'd travel to see them on their own. No need now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Loving the new album, got my ticket this morning. Fecking Olympia as well, should be a fun gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Waiting a long time to see them. Got my ticket this morning, standing. Have actually never been to a gig in the Olympia, guess standing is the best place anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

Got mine yesterday morning...looking forward to it in Dec. I must say...saw them in June in the lashing rain in Oxegen so methinks the Olympia will be a more confortable setting!

This gig will be fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Ha, I am actually wrong I was thinking the ambasodor for some reason, I have been to plenty of gigs in the Olympia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭girlbiker

Only found out that tickets were on sale this morn, still got standing though :) Now to find one of my friends to drag with me, always a problem with bands I like, none of my friends like the same type of music.

Advertisement