Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regarding add-on year

• 17-08-2009 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi, finished my ordinary degree in june. have to repeat a subject but should be grand. Just wondering what the story is with the average for the add on year. I think its 50%. If 50% is not reached - is it the end? or is there an alternative??
    eg. if there is places left would they accept you?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hi, finished my ordinary degree in june. have to repeat a subject but should be grand. Just wondering what the story is with the average for the add on year. I think its 50%. If 50% is not reached - is it the end? or is there an alternative??
    eg. if there is places left would they accept you?

Thanks.

Its a 50% average but as long as theres not a huge demand for places you'll get offered a place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

draffodx wrote: »
    Its a 50% average but as long as theres not a huge demand for places you'll get offered a place

thanks for the reply - my average is probably going to end up being between 48.5 and 51. I just wanted to know how final the 50% cutoff was.

Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

no worries, you'll be going into commercial computing wont you?

only 4 of us where in it last year so I'd say they'd be happy to offer you a place regardless, I know one lad in my class last year didn't have over 50 from third year

Advertisement