Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice man does the fox trot

Options
  • 17-08-2009 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Chuck Liddell is going to be on the american version of Strickly !

From Rte.ie
    Completing the line-up will be action movie star Mark Dacascos; martial artist Chuck Liddell; professional snowboarder Louie Vito; Olympic swimmer Natalie Coughlin; former Dallas Cowboys player Michael Irvin and former Republican Majority Leader Tom DeLay.

Rest of article here
    http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/0817/dancingwiththestars.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭RNCFAN

Meh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

threads combined

I agree with RNCFAN- meh

Whoops didnt see the other thread sorry.

Glad Chuck is doing something other than fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

rovert wrote: »
    Whoops didnt see the other thread sorry.

Glad Chuck is doing something other than fighting.

It might just be me but I don't like that comment.

Yeah Chuck is not up to championship level fighting in the UFC but I am sure he still has the heart to keep fighting as well as the talent. He is definately (sp?) capable of fighting the mid division of the UFC fighters. He could become a gate keeper sort of fighter.

If he wants to keep fighting, let him, I'm sure he is still a PPV draw which is what the UFC look for the most.

And if they don't want him and he still wants to fight, I'm sure there are lots of MMA companies (started or up and coming) that would gladly have him on their card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

These shows are usually for charity so it's all good. Anyways, if his partner misses a step or steps on his foot, I suspect a superman punch coming their way :D

Fromvert wrote: »

Yeah Chuck is not up to championship level fighting in the UFC but I am sure he still has the heart to keep fighting as well as the talent. He is definately (sp?) capable of fighting the mid division of the UFC fighters. He could become a gate keeper sort of fighter.

If he wants to keep fighting, let him, I'm sure he is still a PPV draw which is what the UFC look for the most.

And if they don't want him and he still wants to fight, I'm sure there are lots of MMA companies (started or up and coming) that would gladly have him on their card.

Fighting in the States at least isn’t a right it is privilege.

For what ever reason this type of talk doesn’t go over well on here but the guy is 39 and there is a noticeable change in his speech pattern in the past few years. Chuck made a lot of money in the sport by all accounts saved much of it there is reason for him to fight again.

Surely he can come up with a better way to practice his footwork!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Fromvert wrote: »

I don't know, any time I see him talk I can't help but think he's a bit brain damaged now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Chuck said in the press release for this that he hasn't been training, so I don't know if he wants to fight for the moment

I'm all for this! I think he'll do alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rugger7

I hope he does get back into the octagon eventually, but for now I think it'll be fun/odd to see him in a dance comp. And you never know, a judge might give him a bit of stick and get KO'ed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

Chuck was always my favourite fighter, but i've no wish to see him getting K.O.'ed again ala Rashad and Shogun.The Rashad k.o. was especially brutal. He seems to get picked off in his fights now, its best if he just retires from fighting gracefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rugger7

If he wants to retire then I won't be dissapointed, aslong as what ever happens is fully his decision. But if he fought one last time there's no way they'd put him up against a fighter of there quality.

Maybe if Couture loses to Nog then him and Chuck can have their last every fights against each other. 'COUTURE -vs- LIDDELL IV' I can imagine it now! that would rake in some serious money.

Advertisement