Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOLEN FIREARMS (NEW APPLICATION] ADVICE

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

DMZ wrote: »
    Why are you so agressive, the commencment order which enacted Section 43 of of the CJA 2006 was SI 390 of 2006, this was effective 1st August 2006, what is your problem.
    Being emphatic is not being aggressive last time I checked :p

Section 43 is only of use if the person has been refused, which is not the case here. Secondly you had stated that he was deemed refused if he hadn't got a response within three months of applying which isn't the case as that section of the act wasn't commenced at the time he applied.
    The substantial issue with this situation is that the chap should never have had to make new applications for firearms, the fact that they were stolen means that he was a victim, he should have simply purchased similar firearms and made application for amendment on his current certificates which are still in force even now.
    This is quite true, but of not much use to the chap as he has now gone down the road of reapplying by some considerable distance. Telling him this is akin to giving someone directions on the basis that "I wouldn't start from here" :D
    You are very agressive on the point that because in your opinion I erred in law that the rest of my post be ignored? Where are you coming from?
    Emphatic, not aggressive ;). The purpose of the emphasis was to make sure that the OP didn't become confused with incorrect and contradictory advice that flew in the face of all the advice given by everyone else here; namely that he contact his Garda Station first.

And finally, the advice given by the FPU at the Ranges conference is that individuals should first contact their associations who will then contact the FPU on their behalf.

You said that his application was deemed refused which was wrong, you then said that his appeal period was expired (wrong again) and finally stated he should contact the FPU which was the wrong way to go yet again. The only thing you got right was that he started from the wrong place :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MIDLAND

so, i should have looked for amendment on the stolen firarms,
    on the day of the robbery the cop, who called to the house, told me thats it , you might never get a firearm again, yeah right i said, but he did say you may start all over again, leave it for a year or 2,(what no way) i said,

any way , went to the local gardai, very nice lad, but not helpful,

its completly out of my hand he said, you may just wait,
    the delay must be with the 3 year applications,

looks like i may borrow a friends shot gun for the 1 november,
    the foxys are running everywhere now, the know there safe,

mid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

MIDLAND wrote: »
    any way , went to the local gardai, very nice lad, but not helpful,

its completly out of my hand he said, you may just wait,
    the delay must be with the 3 year applications,
    From what you're saying, the application was never processed. It's probably still with the Superintendents office if it's no longer in your station.

The problem is that we are now into a new licensing regime and you've missed the boat because you weren't on the system when the extensions came out and you've an application in that was made under the old system.

At this stage, you should contact your district Superintendent, ask what the status of your application is and also ask does he need a new FCA1 form filled in for your new firearms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

the foxys are running everywhere now, the know there safe,

mid

Have tools, will travel:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

just some info that I have been made aware off, it s just become known to me that a lad i know that had a 9mm pistol and a 243 rifle stolen earlier this year had his certs amended to show the serial numbers of replacement firearms..he had his security checked first though....good luck with yours;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MIDLAND

just some info that I have been made aware off, it s just become known to me that a lad i know that had a 9mm pistol and a 243 rifle stolen earlier this year had his certs amended to show the serial numbers of replacement firearms..he had his security checked first though....good luck with yours;)

what part of the country was that foxshooter,

i wish i knew all this infomation in the early days, im sure i would have my guns well sorted by now,
    anyway, thanks for all the info,
    mid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

what part of the country was that foxshooter,

i wish i knew all this infomation in the early days, im sure i would have my guns well sorted by now,
    anyway, thanks for all the info,
    mid

Limerick area

Advertisement