Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probably a silly question about garden hose

Options
  • 17-08-2009 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi

Sorry if this is a very stupid question but I'm a bit confused. My OH has gone out and bought a hose and a connector to go on an outside tap. We need this quite badly but typically he didn't think to double check that we had an outside tap before buying this. Turns out we don't. I would presume that there is some way around this? Maybe by getting a connector that can be used at kitchen sink? This is only presumption as DIY is not my forte so I'm hoping someone here can advise me??

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

There are both connectors for round and square taps widely available in diy stores. It uses a tightening clip to secure around the tap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Just a note on this, on our kitchen taps there is no part that drops down if you get what I mean. Its just a straight sticking out angle and it doesn't have any bit that drops off where we can connect a connector if that makes any sense.

I'm going to apologise again because I am so thick when it comes to this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

You can get an outside tap fitted easy enough, or even get a DIY kit do do it yourself if you're not afraid of drilling a great big hole all the way through an outside wall :) A lot of modern designer taps aren't really suitable for fitting a hose to unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rehau-REH247704-Hose-Tap-Connector/dp/B0001P0MVQ

I used one of these, bought them in woodies. you have to be careful though with mixer taps. If you turn on the hot and cold as fellas would when washing the car then turn off the hose at the nozzle for a while the water from the cold backs up into the hot and travel up though your tank fills the tank up and comes out the overflow.

A simple way to prevent this is to not use the hot tap or of course install an outside tap.A out side tap is not dear and if your plumbing is done on qualpex it is very easy and the parts will cost no more than 40 euro.

Advertisement