Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX 360 Price Increase

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I could be just because of the weak pound. Plus theres alot of rumours of an Elite price drop and the 60gb being discontinued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Pro is on the way out. I picked up a back up console the other day. I got the 60Gb Pro brand new in Xtravision for €199 and they had the Elite for €299.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

they had the Elite for €299.

I bought a red (Resident Evil edition) Elite for €299 from Smyths several months ago (when it was released) so I though the Elite has been €299 for awhile now?

But seriously Microsoft, €299 for an Elite and yet the 120GB HDD on its' own costs around €120?! WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

J-blk wrote: »

But seriously Microsoft, €299 for an Elite and yet the 120GB HDD on its' own costs around €120?! WTF?

Especially when you take into account the price of memory and hard drives in general these days, microsoft have an outright cheek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭savemejebus

More good news. Microsoft are now removing the HDMI cable from the Elite package. How much is the official MS HDMI cable with optical dongle again? €40? They must really be feeling the pinch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Shouldn't be any price increase of the xbox here. Increase relates to the weak Pound to Euro exhancge rate.
    Similarly the Wii has (marginally,)dropped in price here whilst getting an official price increase in the UK, again due to the weak pound.
    Its Nintendo themselves increasing the cost price to UK retailers. Eurozone retailers (ROI included,) should see no increase.

But this isn't to say thet the likes of gamestop, Game increase the price for no other reason other than the feel they can squeeze a few more Euro out of consumers due to us lumped in with the UK due to location. All of which would be profit as MS won't be increasing the cost price to ROI stores.

But Game & gamestop are money grabbing bastids at the best of times so I wouldn't be suprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

This is crazy. Sony are announcing their new PS3 slim today, already kmart have an ad out stating $300 (£182) as the price. linky
    Sure the price will be inflated when it gets to the UK but having a significantly smaller price difference will really hurt their market share.

Advertisement