Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning a purchase

Options
  • 17-08-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

'Hi, girlfriend bought a digital camera from a local chemist last week as a present for her mum.She asked the girl could she get her money back if her mum did not like the camera and she was told that was not a bother. She only bought it because she said this and was not sure if her mum would like it or not. Her mum didnt like it and tried to bring it back and was told that she cant get her money back, only store credit. Is this right for them to say this now or should she get her money back'

Posted this a couple of weeks back. Just wanted to let everyone know she went into manager who subsequently rang head office (apparently) and she was told there was no chance of her being refunded due to store policy stating no refunds unless goods are faulty. My gf said she was not satisfied with this so the manager apparently rang again 'to fight her corner' and was again told she was not going to get a refund.My gf then asked for head office number and the manager said she would pass on the telephone number and get head office to ring her however she could not say when they would ring. She then looked up the number for the support office online and rang herself. After explaining the situation in a matter of minutes, she was told a refund would not be a problem considering the circumstances and it would be arranged immediately. It is strange how one member of head office can be adamant that a refund is out of the question while another says it's no problem at all. I just wonder did she even ring head office. It just proves sometimes taking matters into your own hands is the best option!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement