Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move thread page

Options
  • 17-08-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Could we change the destination forum comboBox to a listBox? It would make navigation much easier when moving threads from one forum to another.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Could we change the destination forum comboBox to a listBox? It would make navigation much easier when moving threads from one forum to another.

Thanks.

Em... what page are you talking about? The one I see (Thread Tools -> Move Thread -> Perform Action) is a straight list.

Or are you looking for it to be changed from a list to a combo?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

It's a combo for me, unless there's an option I'm missing?

It's a combo for me, unless there's an option I'm missing?

Odd. Maybe it's an option I'm missing.

Would you mind screenshotting it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

List for me.. always has been..

Screen grab attached.

It's probably something really obvious that I'm missing. I've tried changing styles too, doesn't change it.

• Advertisement

Screen grab attached.

It's probably something really obvious that I'm missing. I've tried changing styles too, doesn't change it.

That is a list box as I would understand it.

Combo box for me is this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combo_box

Do you mean that you want all the forums in strict alphabetical order and no leading whitespace so that you can type the initial characters to jump to the right place in the list?

The current way the list is organised is (like too many things) kinda baked into vBulletin so it's a pain in the arse to modify. It is on my list of things that I'd like improved though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Conor wrote: »
    The current way the list is organised is (like too many things) kinda baked into vBulletin so it's a pain in the arse to modify. It is on my list of things that I'd like improved though.
    That'll be great if and when that drop box is changed to a box like the findaforum box in the beta menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As I understand it -
    List box shows a scrollable list
    Drop-down shows a single option with a scrollable list
    Combobox is a drop-down which allows you to specify your own input.

Although it won't help with the typing aspect, would it help at all to change the size of the control so that it shows ten items at once (for example)?

Combobox-dropdown-picklist-whatever. Can it be replaced with a listbox or failing that can we have auto-suggest added to it?

It's not like I'm moving threads left right and center but its a pain to use when I have too.

<edit>
    Showing 10 items at once would also be good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement