Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Sat Nav ~€150 - need advice

Options
  • 17-08-2009 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to buy a sat nav for approximately €150.
    I also need to download north american maps, specifically california. (this will probably cost another 50 euros)

Can anyone help with a few questions:

1. What is the best on the market for that sort of price.
    2. Can I buy stand alone Californian maps or would i need to buy a complete north american package?
    3. How much memory would i need for downloading additional north american maps.

I currently have a Garmin Nuvi, but it only has a 32 Mb external SD memory card ( not sure what memory is on the device apart from the external card.) I am currently looking for the USB lead as I was going to attempt to download the California maps. However, I have my doubts that the 32Mb card will be sufficient.

Any experts out there have any advice.

Many Thanks
    MB

Advertisement