Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blu ray player sound is half a second off

• 17-08-2009 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

Guys I have this blu ray player which is one of sonys top models.
    I play blu ray dvds on it with the latest full hd sony tv but the sound is about half a second off.

this is noticable when people are talking on screen as the mouth that is talking is not matching the speech 100%. the picture quality is awesome but the sound thing i bugging me!

i have gone through all the sound settings but cant see how to fix it, any ideas?? on normal tv the sound is perfect so im putting it down to the blu ray player..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Are this official DVD's or rips from your PC?

EDIT: A quick Google suggests this:

Use HDMI, just try "Control for HDMI" to OFF (System settings) and BD Audio setting with Mix off and use Digital Audio to Receiver.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-players/938558-sony-bdp-s350-sync-probs.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Its a straight DVD Blu ray disc. il play around a bit more with the settings.. i just dont see why i should have to. the cost of the whole system and its having these sort of problems..not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Its a straight DVD Blu ray disc. il play around a bit more with the settings.. i just dont see why i should have to. the cost of the whole system and its having these sort of problems..not good.
    I agree but to be honest, that's Sony for you.

Advertisement