Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to Stay and what to do in Carrick On Shannon

Options
  • 17-08-2009 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Planning a trip to Carrick for this coming weekend if any one has any info on where to stay and how much it would cost??
    Also if any one has info on what to do whilst there??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

A visit to
    Lough Key might be worth while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Architect 25ml

RustyNut wrote: »
    A visit to
    Lough Key might be worth while.

any ideas on a place to stay and likely cost??
    thanks for your suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

What kind of a weekend away you mean. Lads weekend, with the missus or some other??

For starters you can use http://www.gulliver.ie/ to get an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Architect 25ml

leinster93 wrote: »
    What kind of a weekend away you mean. Lads weekend, with the missus or some other??

For starters you can use http://www.gulliver.ie/ to get an idea.

For one of the lads birthday we planning on heading up for the sunday night Any one know what carrick is like on a sunday night going out wise???

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

Obviously wouldn't be as busy as a sat nite but places to go on the sun nite would be Dunne's bar, Corner house or Murtaghs bar across the road (late bar). Haven't been down that neck of the woods in quite a while so might be ultra quiet on sunday night due to the 'R' word.
    Last time I was down stayed in Bush hotel right in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Stay in Cuin House
    Top notch and affordable
    Quiet on Sundays only locals much better than the DFD's
    Trad irish music/blue grass pub a must -Cryans
    Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

why carrick? used to live there.moved to galway. that,s where you should come. plenty pub,s to choose from. carrick is very quite as one poster said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I have to say, I like going out in Carrick on a sunday, it's a bit less mental than saturdays when it's full of hens and stags, flynns bar can be good craic on a sunday, as can Dunnes & Gings and sometimes havana has bands playin in the beer garden. Cryans & The Swan usually have trad sessions too.
    The Boardwalk bar in the Landmark is nice and chilled aswell on a sunday, and you can go to the swinging donkey which is right beside it. amazing cocktails in the boardwalk!!!

The Landmark is a really nice spot to stay in, very central, but can be pricey at times, they might have deals on at the moment thought! check out www.thelandmarkhotel.com.

My group of my friends stayed in apartments at Carrick Plaza Suites www.carrickplazasuites.ie for new years eve - the apartments were brilliant - clean and modern, flatscreen tv, smoking balcony etc. Was very handy having a kitchen, and they ordered in pizza for us aswell. Right across from the landmark, so was handy.

Cuin house is lovely, but a bit of a walk into town - about 10/15 mins - and more of an older vibe - my auntie in her 50's absolutely loved it, but i prefer a more modern younger place.

Some other places that you could try for accom is the Bush Hotel, and Cryans Hotel - both nice but again a more 'mature' crowd - grandparents love it!!

Hope this helps, enjoy Carrick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

blond45 wrote: »
    why carrick? used to live there.moved to galway. that,s where you should come. plenty pub,s to choose from. carrick is very quite as one poster said.

Leitrim thanks you, I'm sure.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Evennia

Don't know if its your thing but this place is a hidden gem - great for a romantic getaway! Also when we were leaving a family were coming in - great for them too as there is a private (and really well kitted out) playground - Have to admit we did have a go ourselves and spent most of the time in the private hot tub!! ;)
    Highly recommended..
    http://carrickonshannonbandb.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement