Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism anyone? :)

• 17-08-2009 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Heya, i had journalism in DIT down but missed by 5 points! i got 430 it was 435 :( ..but got accepted into my 2nd choice which is Journalism w/ a language in DIT, so im still happy i guess :) jus extra work haha.. gonna do french with it..
    and im movin up to dublin with my best mate too so its workin out well, shes goin to DIT for Photography and well rent a flat out...

anybody else headin for DIT, mayb even Aungier St, or doin Journalism??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Journalism with a language was my first choice.

I'll see you in September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 postmeister

you may be interested in my earlier posts today on j. as a career - or not! anyway, i only know DIT by reputation, but actually i think that your language thing could be a Godsend. it gives you a string to your bow that could be the difference between a job, and none, years down the road, so get your verbal and written skills there as high as you can, and best of luck with your efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

you could have got journalism in dcu, it went down from 475 to 425! cant believe it went down so much, got my place anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KitKatt

Bucklesman wrote: »
    Journalism with a language was my first choice.

I'll see you in September!

cool see you there :) i cant wait to jus get started now! haha

you may be interested in my earlier posts today on j. as a career - or not! anyway, i only know DIT by reputation, but actually i think that your language thing could be a Godsend. it gives you a string to your bow that could be the difference between a job, and none, years down the road, so get your verbal and written skills there as high as you can, and best of luck with your efforts.

thanks, my dad keeps tellin me the same..that the extra work for the french will pay off big time in the long run, yea i think ill check out your earlier posts..im eager to know more about the course, jus wanna get started haha

• Advertisement

piggies wrote: »
    you could have got journalism in dcu, it went down from 475 to 425! cant believe it went down so much, got my place anyway :D

yea i was so surprised it went down by so much! dcu was actually my 3rd choice, i found out that the dit course is more established and i would prefer to be in the centre, in the thick of things as they say haha....good luck with dcu!

Advertisement