Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym for a week

Options
  • 17-08-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi I'm just wondering is the gym in LIT open during the summer? I'm starting there on the 7th September but will be moving up a week earlier and need somewhere to work out for the week before the college opens. If not is there any gym i can join on a weekly basis? also need to know if there are free weights and what other equipment in LIT gym and how much it costs to join that and any other gym.Any advice would be appreciated. Bit worried about getting unfit when i move up there so hoping to get involved in some sports clubs up there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fantastic2007

I didn't realise that there was a gym in LIT. There are a few gyms in Limerick that offer student short packages but few would offer weekly. Although in the current climate, it would be no harm to ring around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

UL do pay as you go...bit expensive at €7 a pop.... great gym though in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

This might be out of your way but price is good.

Evolution Gym in the southcourt hotel in Raheen. Open 6am to 10pm monday to friday and 8am to 8pm sat and sunday.

€8 for a day come and go as many times as you want.

€50 for the month.

I use this gym myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

UL do pay as you go...bit expensive at €7 a pop.... great gym though in my opinion

Would you be able to use Gym, then have a swim, steam room & sauna afterwards for your €7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

Try Olympic Gold in John St. €6 per session, lots of free weights and a few machines..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Raiser wrote: »
    Would you be able to use Gym, then have a swim, steam room & sauna afterwards for your €7?

nope you have to pay for the swim seperately, but you can always sneak down like i do ;) nobody checks.

but you get the steam room and sauna when you pay for the swim, not the gym, and a swim is 5 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Dominator gym do weekly memberships from 13 euro, not sure what street but its around the corner from gleesons sports scene on william street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

RHunce wrote: »
    nope you have to pay for the swim seperately, but you can always sneak down like i do ;) nobody checks.

but you get the steam room and sauna when you pay for the swim, not the gym, and a swim is 5 euro

And you get to look at the crackers....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishmatic

Thanks for all the response, I might try dominator it sounds handy just for the week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

RHunce wrote: »
    Dominator gym do weekly memberships from 13 euro, not sure what street but its around the corner from gleesons sports scene on william street

Summer Street!

• Advertisement
Advertisement