Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Military Museum at Curragh?

• 17-08-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

My Grandfather has me searching around Google for information on a military Museum at Curragh in Kildare.

As I cannot find anything on this, can anyone give me information on it, that is, if there is such a thing that exists?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Not 100% sure but I think it is still being built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

the building is finnished, last i heard they ran out of money to do the interior furnishings ect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Many years ago I was on a course in the Curragh and as a treat we were brought to a "weapons museum" of sorts full of some fantastic guns from the old Tommie Gun to very old samples of rifles, swords etc etc. The building was wall to wall with brilliant displays. Run by 2 old sgts (I was very young at the time!!). I think someone said that a lot of the weapons were donated by some very wealthy American in his will..............

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fooddestroyer

How would I find out for sure?

Don't want to give my old Grandpop a wasted run from Derry.

Thanks for the replies men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭thermo

ring the barbor shop in the camp, reggie darling id say his number is in the phonebook, he is a great man to ask about the history stuff in the camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Fooddestroyer,

Check your Private Messages, details sent re a visit for your Grandpop.

Hope he enjoys it.

V

Advertisement