Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sofa damaged during delivery

Options
  • 17-08-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I bought a sofa from a retailer. It was a floor model 3+2+1 in leather. Checked it in the showroom and it was perfect. I also signed to say it was undamaged in the shop.

It was damaged during delivery somehow, there are various scuffs and a couple of little tears on the leather. I pointed these out to the delivery driver who took note and also pics on a camera phone.

The retailer wants to send someone to inspect it and suggested they touch up the scuffs or colour the leather where damaged. I'm not 100% happy about this as I had a leather seat in a car done like this and it didn't last.

What are my rights here, would like to know before they get back to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You have the right to a replacement, repair or refund. They've offered the repair, but you don't necessarily have to accept it. If they do a repair, and it's not 100%, or it doesn't last, then you could go for one of the other options.

I'd be asking them to take it back for a full refund, if I were you. A patchwork repair job is going to look awful, and it's not what you paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

jor el wrote: »
    You have the right to a replacement, repair or refund. They've offered the repair, but you don't necessarily have to accept it. If they do a repair, and it's not 100%, or it doesn't last, then you could go for one of the other options.

I'd be asking them to take it back for a full refund, if I were you. A patchwork repair job is going to look awful, and it's not what you paid for.

Thanks jor el.

It was a floor model that was on sale, expensive one reduced by 50% or so. I would be reluctant to go down the refund route as I don't think I will get the same quality/style again or I'll be waiting months for delivery from another shop.

Advertisement