Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Oxygen Cylinder Refill

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Did a quick search but the results are a bit old. Where can one do private EMT training? Is it worthwhile doing a course with John's abulance or Order of Malta? Thankfully Ive never come across a serious accident but I do nearly 40,000 miles a year and would like to know what to do.

Here is the matrix for current PHECC training institutes

http://www.phecit.ie/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1286

(also sent you a pm)

robs wrote: »
    you will need and adaptor and you will be able to decanter from an F size cylinder this was common parctice before but now is not done for health and safety reasons. You would probably be better to get on to BOC and get a CD cylinder from them
    Private EMT courses are run by *snip* OR *snip*

Rob no advertising please, this is your second post and so you have recieved a warning. Advertising is for adverts.ie. Thanks

Better go back on topic or a mod will be around.....o wait:pac:

Maybe a seperate thread would be better if anyone has anymore to add?

Edit: Posts moved to here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61707411#post61707411

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

Just to give a defined answer incase anyone is looking in the future and comes across this thread.

BOC will not fill any cylinder that does not belong to BOC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

cojack101 wrote: »
    Just to give a defined answer incase anyone is looking in the future and comes across this thread.

BOC will not fill any cylinder that does not belong to BOC.

This thread is back from the dead... sorry....

I have rented a BOC CD O2 cylinder for use in one practice and was going to get another for my other place of work. I rarely need to use it but just need it on site as I do a lot of IV sedation...

Recently, I acquired two 155 liter O2 "madacylinders" (my sister was asthmatic years ago but has grown out of it...) These are really old cylinders originally sourced from Diskin Fire Supplies.

BOC has refused to fill these, so has Diskin, so has leinster CO2 and I'm waiting on a call back from Doyle and Doyle...

Surely someone wants some money from me in exchange for oxygen!!!
    All suggestions or PMs appreciated,
    OS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

No one is going to fill that for you mate.

A cylinder needs to be put through a "test shop", where the head is removed and the cylinder is filled with water to a pressure to show cracks or weak spots.

BOC and Air Products will also say that a cyklinder can be contaminated with bacteria and this will contaminate the filling plant / nozzle heads.

You are going to need to enter into a new contract and rent a cylinder. Probably between 7 & 12 a month and then pay for each fill you need.

P.S. Remember they dont actually fill YOUR cylinder, they replace your empty one with a full one, so each time you get a cylinder from a BOC delivery is a different cylinder, the empty one goes back to the test shop and is then filled in the 02 plant.

P.S.S. Dont hold your breath (no pun intended) on a 01-CD /101-CD from BOC, CD cylinders are in short supply. Maybe an E would do you if it was stantionary, but the fill on it will be more expensive, the rental should not change

Advertisement