Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Info Required for ''Economics and Sociology'' *

• 17-08-2009 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Got offered ''Economics and Sociology'' today, but to be honest im in 2 minds here as i also get offered Renewable Energy in LIT. Therefore i would really like for info on economics and sociology in UL.

whats it like? how many hours etc of lectures a week? and study?
    Job prospects???

Please help me!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I don't know of too many people who did Eco and Sociology, but you could always try it for a few weeks and transfer to Energy if you don't like it (or the sound of it) by the end of week 1 or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

cocomk1 wrote: »
    Got offered ''Economics and Sociology'' today, but to be honest im in 2 minds here as i also get offered Renewable Energy in LIT. Therefore i would really like for info on economics and sociology in UL.

whats it like? how many hours etc of lectures a week? and study?
    Job prospects???

Please help me!:cool:

Surely, you thought of this before now...no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 fantabalous

Hey! Im going into 2nd year Economics and Sociology in UL.
    As far as I can remember it was something like 12 hours a week for the first couple of weeks and then it was 16 after that when tutorials were added. Its an interesting enough course alright. Theres a good bit of variety with this course with the completely different subjects. I found Economics a small bit tough at first coz I didnt do it for the Leaving Cert but after a few lectures I knew the basics. If you do this course, you will have a lot of free time during first year when you dont have assignments due. Its a good enough course coz it combines both Economics and Sociology so I would imagine a wide range of career options you could gain out of it!
    Hope some of this helped! If you have any other questions about this course or UL or anything, feel free to message me! Good Luck! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

hey im just finished economics and sociology this year.. i really liked it, you have about 13 hours a week and its stays around that for the four years. you get to go on study abroad in the first semester of third year, which means you get to go study in a university in another country for a semester i went to sweden and absolutely loved it. its a good course on the sociology side you do a lot of modules on how to research which are good because its very helpful for the economics side of things as well. its not a too difficult course, if you put your work in you can do really well in it, but thats the same with most degrees.
    job prospects.. well im currently unemployed:( but to be honest i really haven't tried to get a job, im taking the summer off before i have to go into the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

im doin this too i got 410 points and had this as my first choice cause i really like the looks of it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

im doin this too i got 410 points and had this as my first choice cause i really like the looks of it!

ya it looks like its a pretty decent course...:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

yep you did! see ya there!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

Thanks for the info everyone:D

Advertisement