Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DID 200% price promise

Options
  • 17-08-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I was in DID and seen an item for 400Euro and I priced it in powercity at 340Euro.
    I got quote from powercity and showed it to the guy in DID, he said ok you are entitled to 200% of the difference which is 120Euro. So I said I pay you 280Euro and he said that I pay full price of 400Euro and get a credit note for 120Euro that cannot on be used on the item I am buying,
    I said I will be back in a few days.
    But what he said is not stated anywhere. any idea before I go back as I really don't want a credit note as not looking to buy anything else there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You need to ask them for the full terms of the offer. If it doesn't state that it's a credit note, then they shouldn't be forcing that on you. I don't really see any way to force their hand though. NCA should investigate the offer if it is misleading. ASAI can look at any advertisements they have (even leaflets, etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Seems like a reasonable enough offer to me....................................... If it's in the terms and conditions / in writing somewhere, and theres no mention of it on the web site that i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It all depends what's in the T&Cs. If they say that the difference will be given as a credit note, to be used in a different purchase, then that's perfectly OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

AFAIK, the double the difference guarantee only comes into effect if you buy a product in DID and THEN (ie. after taking the product away and leaving the store) find it priced cheaper elsewhere within 7 days. If this happens, you get store vouchers to the value of 200% of the difference. You don't get cash back.

If you go up to them in advance, with the quote from a competitor, they'll usually only match it.

All these T&Cs were quoted on their website a while back - doesn't seem to be any mention of them now though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

Kensington wrote: »
    AFAIK, the double the difference guarantee only comes into effect if you buy a product in DID and THEN (ie. after taking the product away and leaving the store) find it priced cheaper elsewhere within 7 days. If this happens, you get store vouchers to the value of 200% of the difference. You don't get cash back.

If you go up to them in advance, with the quote from a competitor, they'll usually only match it.

All these T&Cs were quoted on their website a while back - doesn't seem to be any mention of them now though :confused:
    I got the price of DID and did not pay for goods at that point and still have not then told them I will check Powercity which I did and went back with quote to DID they said fair enough pay for full price then we give credit note,I was just wondering if it was possible to get it taken of price or even the cash,same difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Bit of a misleading deal/clever marketing telling you they will give 200% back. You will already have overpaid them for the item, so you are only getting the difference.

Still something back I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

gramlab wrote: »
    Bit of a misleading deal/clever marketing telling you they will give 200% back. You will already have overpaid them for the item, so you are only getting the difference.

Still something back I suppose.

eh no, you are getting double the difference back, albeit in vouchers.
    Was in the Clerys branch yetserday and it explicitly states vouchers
    in an ad there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

gramlab wrote: »
    You will already have overpaid them for the item, so you are only getting the difference.
    You're haven't "overpaid" for the item, really. You've just paid what DID are asking for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would have expect it to be vouchers, might be in small print on the ads, or else T&C applies. Otherwise if I owned a shop I could offer the same TV for €200, go to DID and instead of
    So I said I pay you 280Euro and he said that I pay full price of 400Euro
    I would say "I pay you NOTHING", and stock up my own shop with free TVs!

Or hand over the €400 and get €400 cash back.

I doubt they are that stupid to leave themselves open like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Its worth noting that they are saying "200% Back" and not "200% Off" so the vouchers thing aside i dont see how its misleading for them not to offer the discount at time of purchase...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

Just looking ahead to Xmas is this a wee console,kids have been asking so thinking I would be getting 60Euro off,if I go with their cooker
    http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/Product/2100146NINTENDO%20WII%20SPORTS%20PACK/16795/379

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

castle wrote: »
    Just looking ahead to Xmas is this a wee console,kids have been asking so thinking I would be getting 60Euro off,if I go with their cooker
    http://www.buy4now.ie/DID/Product/2100146NINTENDO%20WII%20SPORTS%20PACK/16795/379

no it's a nintendo wii console! :D
    probably overpriced too though

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Why are you making a big deal out of it? You are getting a better deal than anywhere else. Go to power city and buy it there and lose out on a free 60euro voucher.
    castle wrote: »
    I was in DID and seen an item for 400Euro and I priced it in powercity at 340Euro.
    I got quote from powercity and showed it to the guy in DID, he said ok you are entitled to 200% of the difference which is 120Euro. So I said I pay you 280Euro and he said that I pay full price of 400Euro and get a credit note for 120Euro that cannot on be used on the item I am buying,
    I said I will be back in a few days.
    But what he said is not stated anywhere. any idea before I go back as I really don't want a credit note as not looking to buy anything else there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

The double the difference offer is outlined in literature in the store - they had it beside the cash desk in Lucan last time i was there (in an information stand)... im not sure where you were shopping but did you ask for the T&C?

The offer is that if you find a product after you buy one from DID for less, they will give you double the difference back in vouchers (or 200% of the difference). Its basically a way to keep customers happy if they buy something in DID and see it advertised cheaper somewhere else within a week. If you want the better price on the spot i would advise that you show them the quote and ask them to match or better it, otherwise if you are happy to get the vouchers then buy away.

Advertisement