Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a vet

• 17-08-2009 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm getting a puppy in about two weeks and I'm looking for a good vet. I have no experience with vets what so ever, so any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm living in the city so somewhere local would be great.

Has anyone any suggestions?? Its a samoyed pup (don't know weather that makes a difference or not:o just said i'd throw it in)

Feel free to PM me!:)

Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Just popped ya a pm there!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭racram

I have been bringing my dog to the Pet Hospital by the Peoples Park. Tighe is the vet there and I think he's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

+1 . We have been using the pet hospital at the park too and I would highly reccomend them.

racram wrote: »
    I have been bringing my dog to the Pet Hospital by the Peoples Park. Tighe is the vet there and I think he's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've been bringing my 2 cats to Tadhg. He's a lovely man and we went to him on the recommendation from the WSPCA who use him for their neutering etc.

If you go in the evening you do not need an appointment, just turn up and wait your turn.

I sometimes use City Vets and they've been good as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Used City Vets in the past both in Tramore and Waterford for dogs and rabbits. Found them good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

Thanks for the info guys really appreciate it!! The one down by the peoples park sounds good might give him a try! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭speedy2007

Tadgh is pretty good value as well compared to other vets around the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I would recommend Tadhg to anyone. He's excellent and he's really nice to deal with. Bring all our dogs there. Never heard a bad word said.
    Sully wrote: »
    Used City Vets in the past both in Tramore and Waterford for dogs and rabbits. Found them good!

Conversely, have heard lots and lots of bad stories about City Vets. They're also way more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Conversely, have heard lots and lots of bad stories about City Vets. They're also way more expensive.

I have heard this also lately! I think ill give the place down by the park a go.........seems to be getting very good recommendations!!

Thanks everyone for your help, its been great!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

pet hospital at the park brill good value was there saturday with my dog they always fit you in even at last min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 mrsoriordan2be

where bouts is this pet hospital?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

where bouts is this pet hospital?

It's right beside The Three Shippes down by the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

speedy2007 wrote: »
    Tadgh is pretty good value as well compared to other vets around the city

have to agree with the above quote, i went there this morning with my puppy who was very ill and they saw me straight away and i found them pleasant to deal with, even though my pup had to be put down :(, but would recommend him

Advertisement