Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any advice?

Options
  • 17-08-2009 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

Any words of wisdom for my 14 year old daughter who has just smoked her first few cigarettes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

im so going to regret this, but why in the name of god are you allowing it, stop her!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'd like to know how your 14 yo can afford to smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

I was thinking more in terms of ' if only we knew then what we know now' stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

It would be very hard for a 14 year old to understand the implications of smokng..I know when I started it was always a case of "that will never happen to me"...I always knew better!

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'm a huge Allen Carr fan as his book managed to get me off the rotten things a few years ago and I've never looked back. :D

He has a book called "Hot to stop your Child Smoking" so maybe give that a read. HTH :)

I'd like to know how your 14 yo can afford to smoke?

When I was still in primary school I managed to get enough pennies together to buy 10 Gold Bond!!! I wouldn't be at a loss as to how a 14 year old, these days (!) could muster up a tenner!

• Advertisement
Advertisement