Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cholesterol?

• 17-08-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

What is a normal/average cholesterol level? That might be to broad a question so if you know the figures for different gender and age etc that would great, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

5 is normal

Just tested at 6 and have had to drop the big macs

Here is a table from Flora

Total cholesterol no greater than 5
    LDL cholesterol no greater than 3
    HDL cholesterol no greater than 1
    Triglycerides-no greater than 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Your test report will show your cholesterol levels in milligrams per deciliter of blood (mg/dL). To determine how your cholesterol levels affect your risk of heart disease, your doctor will also take into account other risk factors such as age, family history, smoking and high blood pressure.

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=183

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Getting mine checked tomorrow. I forsee the end of bacon butties and cheese sangwiches.
    I might post the results when I get them and start a Gentlemans Club League Table of Cholesterol Levels

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭maherro

Dont really know much about this but as Im only 23 should I bother getting tested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

maherro wrote: »
    Dont really know much about this but as Im only 23 should I bother getting tested?

Are you trying to wuss out of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

maherro wrote: »
    Well I'm only 22 and got tested last year and mine was 6 so yeah I'd advise getting tested. better safe than sorry!! ;)

Advertisement