Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lansdowne road - uh oh!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Jeeees the terraced end behind the goal looks tiny. :eek:

looks their that the bars will only block your view of the opposite stand(hopefully) if not then did a 10 year old design this stadium?...and god behind the goals just RUINED this stadium whats the point in building a new stadium if your gonna have pathetic terraces?come on i seen better in league 2 stadiums!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

marko91 wrote: »
    looks their that the bars will only block your view of the opposite stand(hopefully) if not then did a 10 year old design this stadium?...and god behind the goals just RUINED this stadium whats the point in building a new stadium if your gonna have pathetic terraces?come on i seen better in league 2 stadiums!

there is no terraces... they had to have the one tiny stand because they can't go any higher because of the dart behind it, not much they could do about it, will be grand anyway, stick the away fans there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Seaneh wrote: »
    there is no terraces... they had to have the one tiny stand because they can't go any higher because of the dart behind it, not much they could do about it, will be grand anyway, stick the away fans there...

Think you're getting mixed up with Croke Park there. The Dart goes behind the Hill which is one reason why they didn't go for the complete bowl shape, but in Lansdowne the Dart will still be going underneath the West stand without any major restrictions. The only reason it swoops down to one tier in the North Stand is because of the adjacent houses behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Daysha wrote: »
    The Dart goes behind the Hill

No, it doesn't.
    Daysha wrote: »
    which is one reason why they didn't go for the complete bowl shape

Nothing to do with it. It's because of the houses behind the Hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Zebra3 wrote: »
    No, it doesn't.

Yeah it's not the DART, but there is a train line behind the hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

There is also a train line behind the Canal end if im not mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Dub13 wrote: »
    Its the FAI,they don't do cheap seats.

But if they did, they'd probably be the worst cheap seats in the world.
    Seaneh wrote:
    there is no terraces... they had to have the one tiny stand because they can't go any higher because of the dart behind it, not much they could do about it

They could have rotated the stadium so that one of the ends was over the DART line? There's room enough with the rugby pitches beside it surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's that way due to the local residents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The Hill, the Canal end... I think some people are talking about Croker here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Zebra3 wrote: »
    No, it doesn't.

Nothing to do with it. It's because of the houses behind the Hill.

Pedantic much :rolleyes: The Maynooth, Sligo etc train goes behind the Hill and this was a major reason the hill couldn't be made into a proper stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I think they have screwed up this stadium.

Its 3 sided in effect.

they could have dug a hole but that would have made sense.

Now there are restricted views too.

I am very disappointed with Croke Park and don't go in for the nonsensical hype that is emitted from GAA..
    its a farce that people are supposed to believe that is the finished article
    Now Aviva will be the same.

Seems we never learn.

Bah humbug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

fullstop wrote: »
    Pedantic much :rolleyes: The Maynooth, Sligo etc train goes behind the Hill and this was a major reason the hill couldn't be made into a proper stand.

trains can go underground too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Or through the stand...

FAI hatred aside, it's easy to forget just how nice a stadium it'll be when it's finished, in terms of design. It's not your generic bowl effect most PL clubs seem to be going for, and the swooping roof down to the North End of the pitch looks really different and unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

its not going to be much bigger than the old stadium, right? something like 55,000 ?

• Advertisement

daniel91 wrote: »
    its not going to be much bigger than the old stadium, right? something like 55,000 ?

Nope, 50,000 max iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

50,000 isn't enough really, is it?

I think we could fill 65,000. Plenty of room behind the goals, they should make use of it.

Chances are we're gonna be totally ripped off for seats and the limited capacity will be their excuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's all about perspective lads. I'd say that original picture is a little bit misguiding.

Like look at this picture that was doing the rounds a few years ago about the giant man eating spiders in Iraq.

http://www.thefunnypage.com/camel-spiders/spider.jpg

It's not really that big, it's just the way the picture was taken.

I know the FAI are a bunch of clowns but it's not John Delaney that designed the Stadium. I think there's some law where they had to employ and actual Architect to design it.

And sure they just confirmed on the radio that there'll be no restricted view seats.

Advertisement