Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco closed today

Options
  • 17-08-2009 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

FFS drove to Wilton and Douglas both closed :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I wouldn't have had a problem with them being closed if they had told people about it. Some people travel a good distance to get to their "local" Tesco, I'd say they're responsible for a fair whack of carbon used for no good reason the last few days.

I'm close to giving up on them tbh, their constant shelf changes are making it harder and harder to shop with them, and I have no interest in the cheapy-cheapy non-Irish stuff they're trying to foist on us. There's a Super Valu right across the road in Midleton...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

dahamsta wrote: »
    There's a Super Valu right across the road in Midleton...
    cleaner, friendlier staff, more tills open - way better.

all the tescos are closed while they change the prices to match their own 'up north' prices or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

So was the Tesco in Paul Street, though to be fair they had a notice up last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

FFS why didn't I see this thread before driving out there. First time in 4 years, this has happened me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

they had signs up in their stores on friday saying they were closed to revamp the store and prices!

• Advertisement

People generally shop once or twice a week, not every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Most people end up in a supermarket a 2/3 times a week I would have thought.
    Can't saw I know anyone who only goes once a week...most people aren't that organised.

I'm not that organised either, but putting up a notice on Friday for closures the very next day is, well, stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Ludo wrote: »
    Can't saw I know anyone who only goes once a week....

hello.
    I shop for the week on a sunday morning.

Tesco is a huge organisation. it should not beyond them to look after their customers by giving at least a weeks notice that they planned this. surely it would have made positive advertising for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I knew they were closing for awhile now, so it wasn't just a days notice :)

• Advertisement

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I knew they were closing for awhile now, so it wasn't just a days notice :)

How did you find out Vinta81? I was in at least 2 different stores last week and I never say any posters. Neither did the wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

They had signs up for a while alright. And it was in the paper during the week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Oh Well they opened now I think? - They better be and also with lower prices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Webmonkey wrote: »
    FFS why didn't I see this thread before driving out there. First time in 4 years, this has happened me.

Well it wouldn't normally happen because 24 hour Tesco never closes. They did have signs up but just at the entrance, most people would probably miss them. Some of the new lower prices are good.

Advertisement